Mod Ren'Py Completed Good Girl Gone Bad: Custom Names [Vinfamy]

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Simple mod that I wrote and tested quickly. It allows you to customize the PC's, the boyfriend's and the best friend's names. It will replace all references to the names in the game, including all dialogues and menus. The names will also be persistent with saves - so you can have multiple playthroughs with different characters.

Should work with all past and future versions of GGGB.

Installation:
Extract the attached zip. Then simply copy vin_customname.rpy into the /game folder of Good Girl Gone Bad's directory

If you like the game, support Eva Kiss on Patreon. One of the most trust-worthy creators on Patreon IMHO

bffname.jpg bfname.jpg choices.jpg menu_player.jpg playername.jpg

---------------------------------

Update: I also made a fan fiction quest based on Good Girl Gone Bad for my own project (it's a 3d lifesim RPG using Unreal Engine), you can check it out here (check Change Log, v2.12 for more description about the quest)
212.jpg

Last edited:

maisbordeldemerde

La rabia del pueblo
Donor
Dec 19, 2016
I like the fact you're making a mod of GGGB but honestly Im so used to the ingame names that it feels weird when I see them with new names. Personally now that Ive played quite a lot to GGGB i cant & dont want to change their names at this point of the game, prob cause Im so much into the story that for me Ashley will always be Ashley, Eric will stay Eric etc

john9996

Jul 11, 2017
How to change all character names? Please give information how to write label splashscreen script for all the other characters. Thank you.

Arden4702

Jul 22, 2017
Simple mod that I wrote and tested quickly. It allows you to customize the PC's, the boyfriend's and the best friend's names. It will replace all references to the names in the game, including all dialogues and menus. The names will also be persistent with saves - so you can have multiple playthroughs with different characters.

Should work with all past and future versions of GGGB.

Installation:
Extract the attached zip. Then simply copy vin_customname.rpy into the /game folder of Good Girl Gone Bad's directory

If you like the game, support Eva Kiss on Patreon. One of the most trust-worthy creators on Patreon IMHO

View attachment 47115 View attachment 47116 View attachment 47117 View attachment 47118 View attachment 47119
Does not work anymore or atleast not for me

smth4nothin

Jul 6, 2017
To commemorate the release of the final version of the game, here's yet another version of the mod. This one doesn't ask you to input the names in-game. Instead, just edit the file in a text editor and put it the game/ folder.

Python:
    name_replacements = OrderedDict([
        ("Ashley", "Ashley"),
        ("Ash", "Ash"),
There is a long list of replacements in the file. Each line specifies what name to replace with what. If you want the main character to be named Jennifer, or Jen for short, then modify the file so that it says:
Python:
    name_replacements = OrderedDict([
        ("Ashley", "Jennifer"),
        ("Ash", "Jen"),
Notes:
  • The way this mod works is it replaces all instances of the word on the left with the word on the right. Thus it is fully forward compatible with all future version of the game. And, in fact, with all versions of other Ren'Py games as well.
  • The mod does not affect saves. Remove the mod to revert names to originals. Drop in the mod mid-game to change the character names without having to start over.
  • Feel free to add or remove replacement lines as you wish. If there are characters that are not present in the list, you can always add them there.
    • Make sure the shortened names are below the full name in the list. If you have `("Ash", "Jen")` followed by `("Ashley", "Jennifer")`, you will get "Jenley" in the game, because the mod only replaced the "Ash" part of her name.
  • Need a visual reminder of which name corresponds to which character? Check .