BruceLee73

Apr 22, 2018
loool.... I love how there is a deep, serious conversation about ethics & stuff
and then the next comment is "would love to keep her bush"
priceless! xD

serious again. the impact of piracy on "small devs" is low at most. There are more than enough studies to test these effects and even math-calculations to support the results (that one time, economic studies were useful ;P).
Also you guys make a serious mistake by thinking everyone just sits there like a little devil, waiting to harm or rob someone else -voluntarily or not. Thats not the case. Most people support stuff they like as good as they can. Even if they do not use the service anymore.
Also consider, most of the devs (if not almost all of them) dont start this particular thing with the aim to live on it. We start this because we have an idea and we want it to come true. Its like a very very very time consuming hobby -at least in the beginning.
It never gets less time consuming but success changes the circumstances a bit.
There are not many who leave theyr project because it doesnt pay enough. Most drop it because they cant and neither want to spend so much time, because again -it takes so freakin much time.
I cant say that in my time I have seen a lot of serious devs who were underpayd by patreons. If your work isnt complete shit you always get a considerable support within a few months. Piracy doesnt affect that in any way. And fighting it is going into the wrong direction. Good devs use piracy to prosper. Convince people to become patreons, have interaction, take criticism etc.

Piracy might still be "something" that pisses people off, even some devs.
But thats not because piracy was truly the obstacle in their way, but because they use it as a scapegoat for something else.
I imagine if you really try to earn your living entirely based on being a dev, it gets harder to get by and therefor you spot "pirates" as your enemy. I get it. But that doesnt make it true.
You need quality work, insane amounts of time and a lot of effort to solicit your product.
And thats close to impossible for just one person (if your aim is to live on it).

BruceLee73

Apr 22, 2018
Interesting, do you happen to know what the study is/where I can find it?
use the library-function of any university, there you would at least find the articles and studies. sometimes you may even get full text, sometimes you need to be an active student there to gain full acess on the text. But almost any study will present the abstract of it. so grab a seat, google for the *insert university of your choice* homepage, look for library-function and type in some keywords like: piracy, impact, economics etc.

eomer

Jan 24, 2018
pretty unusual no one is asking or begging for the update, we know there is a scene when Ash ... deals with family business, are we seriously going to wait for the alpha or the beta, that's 6~8 days!!

Reactions: Chemish

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
I have a problem with this game, latest version, both normal and compressed version, "skip unseen text" is not activated, but if I press Ctrl it always skips unread text. I deleted the "persistent" file many times, and loaded a save again, preference "skip unseen text" is not active, but still it ignores it and skip text I've never seen before. Never happened in any other game before. How can I fix that?

Scooper

Jul 28, 2017
I'm not the type to post links to games, but I can at least let you know that the preview contains a scene with Ashley and Monica (lesbian), and a scene with Arthur that happens if you're on the good route and choose to be corrupted after Eric's funeral. This is the same as an old Arthur scene, that you wouldn't have encountered if playing the good route.
I hope that’s not true of the Arthur scene, because the “latest” Arthur scene involving corruption of the Good Ash was a retread.

Similarly, when EK did that scene with Bernard where they just kept going at it... but all the art was recycled. I still can’t believe that scene didn’t end on something completely new.

DatBoit

Dec 2, 2018
I hope that’s not true of the Arthur scene, because the “latest” Arthur scene involving corruption of the Good Ash was a retread.

Similarly, when EK did that scene with Bernard where they just kept going at it... but all the art was recycled. I still can’t believe that scene didn’t end on something completely new.
It is a recycled scene, so there's nothing to hope for.

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
Some kind soul please post the Alpha.

As for piracy. People who pledge to support the game do it to support the game, not get faster access (that's just a nice little bonus, the pledgers pledge to ensure a story they like gets told to completion or to get the opportunity to influence the game's development) People who don't pledge, still wouldn't pledge if there were fewer people posting the downloads, they would simply wander away and play another game until it became available. BUT what piracy does do, especially in a very successful game like this, is generate a huge buzz, word of mouth, so for every 100 piraters, if you get 1 solid 30 dollar sponsor then you could soon enough be in the position of making a good few thousand a month. As a very wise man a few posts ago said, devs don't need to fear pirates, they need to fear crap content.

Eva's game is one of the best around simply because she has the best content around.

rezaf

Jul 3, 2017
It's a muddy water, because I don't think there are absolute truths.
If EvaKiss has 2k Patreons, but 20k people end up playing the game, would she have 20k patreons if piracy was somehow impossible? No way. But it's also highly likely that at least SOME of those 18k people would still want to play the game and thus end up shelling out money to become a patreon themselves. How many? No one can tell.
But a mere 10% would be 1800 Patreons and thus double the current Patreon count. Even a mere 1% - which is a pretty low guess imo, would mean 180 more Patreons, and thus at an average $5 donation almost a thousand bucks.
It's hard for "publishers", be it small fry that run their Patreon or multi-billion dollar companies, to just ignore this potential.

Now, there's an additional aspect: How many of those 18k people would have heard about the game in the first place if it was not for piracy? This number is probably not 0, but probably also not 18k. More mud.

That said, I feel with a Patreon things are even more muddy, because technically the Patreons are not "purchasing the game" or something. But still, I can understand the reasoning - and personally, I never play the Previews but rather wait for the Beta at the very least.

Netris

Jun 8, 2017
Interesting, do you happen to know what the study is/where I can find it?
Of course. You can find it

It's about the impact it has on her patrons. Not many would pay the 30 for the previews, if it just appears online the next day every single time. Just a couple of that level patrons lost will start to have an impact.
I'm not so sure about that.

Last edited:

LoveWhores

May 25, 2018
How do you make Ashley blonde?
The "Blonde Hair" is the "Bimbo route" - you can be "Bimbo" only if you disagree to stay with the "Gang",if you agree to stay with the "Gang" you can't do the "Bimbo route" and become with "Blonde hair" (I know,i don't like that too - I wish i can make Ashley Blonde even if she stay with the Gang,but it's not possible) - only if you are not with the "Gang" you can become "Blonde Bimbo"!

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
Has anyone experiencing this "skip text" problem? Am I the only one?
I have a problem with this game, latest version, both normal and compressed version, "skip unseen text" is not activated, but if I press Ctrl it always skips unread text. I deleted the "persistent" file many times, and loaded a save again, preference "skip unseen text" is not active, but still it ignores it and skip text I've never seen before. Never happened in any other game before. How can I fix that?

4.70 star(s) 374 Votes