Seeking Good VNs without silly MC? Good story; Serious MC; Down to earth stories; Proper Romance.

Deximay

May 29, 2017
I wanna see if there are any VNs that I don't know about that meets these criteria.

If you guys could recommend us something along those lines would be great. Here's some examples:
  • Our Red Strings
  • Being a Dik
  • Leap of Faith
I'm so done with cliches, silly MCs, cave dwellers trying to write a "story" where MC is instantly a pussy magnet. It's rotting my brain reading some of these Dev's games.

There's an honorable mention to Yeda Games, they can really write a story, so much so it is not that popular in this community, for obvious reasons lol (also the topic of their game is not mainstream).

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
VNs are not really my bag, especially for just sticking to modern settings (I know some good fantasy ones), but I liked GGGB by the creator of ORS. Since you liked Myriam you might also enjoy AWAM.

Deximay

May 29, 2017
VNs are not really my bag, especially for just sticking to modern settings (I know some good fantasy ones), but I liked GGGB by the creator of ORS. Since you liked Myriam you might also enjoy AWAM.
I'm curious, if Visual Novels aren't your thing, what are you doing in this forum? Genuinely curious. Maybe I don't understand the full scope of what VN means to you.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I'm curious, if Visual Novels aren't your thing, what are you doing in this forum? Genuinely curious. Maybe I don't understand the full scope of what VN means to you.
There are a ton more genres of erotic games besides VNs. Visual novels are just a genre that centers around choices and branching paths. There are also RPGs, action games, strategy games and more.

Deximay

May 29, 2017
There are a ton more genres of erotic games besides VNs. Visual novels are just a genre that centers around choices and branching paths. There are also RPGs, action games, strategy games and more.
Aren't those also called VNs? I thought the tag for games that branch out was manly called Renpy games. Sometimes they use another engine, i.e Unreal. But for the most part I think VNs are games, with story, told through the lenses of Visual. Idk, I was just curious by how you worded in the first comment.

Anyways, thanks for the recommendations, I knew about them already though, great games.

Jun 16, 2023
I play story focused games and try to avoid nonsensical fuckfests. Here's my complete list of with underrated titles and famous ones too. Lmk if you have any questions about any game. I try my best to avoid games where MC has creepy inner monologs about banging everything that moves or no coherent plot. All the games I have listed have a good story to tell.

Last edited: