Google Translate in VN?

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
I hope they look good!
I'm about to make my first visual novel (noveltly) ... it's hard to take care of everything, especially because I was learning as I went along,
but I really wanted to try to make some playable story for adults ...
As someone will have noticed, I am using a translator!
only Spanish Latin I do not know if (if I finish it or I'm releasing updates) I could publish it here in Spanish ... and I thought to use the translator,
because there are more games and I publish that I appreciate it (apparently) that I use the English language, but use this translator for dialogues ... will it be a good idea? you who say?

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Generally, Google Translate is pretty rough to read (Engrish) but more or less understandable. Sometimes when a game has great potential, you might have a bilingual fan who will offer to do the translation for free. As far as recommending you to do it or not, I can't say. I have no experience with how well Google translates Spanish to English. I know it's hilarious when it's Russian to English.

Reactions: Jhon1885

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
Generally, Google Translate is pretty rough to read (Engrish) but more or less understandable. Sometimes when a game has great potential, you might have a bilingual fan who will offer to do the translation for free. As far as recommending you to do it or not, I can't say. I have no experience with how well Google translates Spanish to English. I know it's hilarious when it's Russian to English.
Oh thank you! that's true! I'll take it out in Spanish maybe someone from the forum if he likes to offer himself, look, when I search for the translation of google from an English to Spanish song ... I prefer to try to understand with the basic English that I have, but when it is a formal dialogue there is better, Spanish has many verb tenses (among other things) that the translator does not understand, thank you for responding!

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
An user from this forum recommended me this translator instead of Google Translator, and for my experience, it's better, check it out:

We're writing our game in Spanish too, and for the first release we used Google Translator...the result wasn't good enough, so perhaphs you can use a translator for first release but try to looking for a real person for translations as soon as possible, it's always better.

PD: I recommend to you to try to write in English and then use translator to know your mistake, this way you learn English in the process...I do it and I'm learning some things (slowly)...for example I've wrote this post direct in English, and then put it in the translator to know in what I'm wrong; with this, English is more natural to me (but surelly still make some mistakes).

Reactions: Domiek and Jhon1885

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
Thank you very much! in fact I'm using it now!! I've done that Spanish to English translation and back and forth and I was ashamed of how the "re translation" was. It confuses more than the native language! Thank you very much!

Reactions: Porcus Dev