VN - Others - Completed - Gore Screaming Show [v1.0.2] [Black Cyc]

1. 5.00 star(s)

StormrReaper

So, to begin with, this was my first BlackCyc Game and my first"Heavily dark and graphic VN" and honestly it is a great one to start out with, Its gore is over the top and almost feels cheesy 80's because of it. however, the writing during these scenes was amazing enough to make me, a former emt, squirm abit. As my JP improves definitely going to check out more of thiss studio and its given me the courage to try something like Euphoria.

My recommended route order
    Kiika-Akane-Aoi- Yumeko-Yuka(ri)

This is because Kiika's route is so far disconnected from the others it keeps you wanting more, understanding the least. and has some of the better CG's in both gore and good sex. It builds ur walls up forAkane who has the scenes that made me fast clicjk thru due to subject matter. Aoi is almost always recommended to do after Akane however I did Aoi's first and this is probably part of why i cannot stand Akane.
    Other peoples recommended order
    Akane-Aoi-Kiika-Yumeko- Yuka(ri)

Akane gives alot of the main info
    Aoi follows it up
    Kiika does her thing
    Yumeko reveals the pov of the main group
    Yuka(ri) reveals everything.

OVERALL RATING 9/10- A lot of super mild flaws that adds up however i cant go lower than a 9. This game does so many things flawlessly that it makes up for the flaws. Gore Screaming Show is from ~2006, and it still holds up!

translation-
    9.5/10- there was some mistranslations during the akane route regarding "butter" super mild and I only caught it bc i just bought and played the jp version recently

Gameplay- 10/10 very good VN set up with 3 minigames that i've found... oddly tho the mini games appear in my "settings" menu instead of the gallery like it does in the JP version.

Route lengths- 10-25 hours per character with the exception of Yameko (~ 9 hours due to it being most repeated info and imo a lot more condensed)

Characters- 7/10 I HATE AKANE! with a passion. Aoi amazing and best girl. Kiika was cute asf and felt like an innocent bystander u just wanted to protect. Yumeko a bro, Yuka(ri) is fucking hilarious i died so much laughing in her route. Yoshiki is my favorite character in the whole game. I ALMOST FORGOT THE HOMEBOI SHINTA, dude is a homie who will do anything to help you! real bro!

Story- 8/10 NO SPOILER there are flaws within the story especially within Kiika's route and Yumeko's. Mostly plot holes that go against established rules, nothing super major but playing 30 runs of this vn (15 in eng 15 in jp) I can say itis noticeable. HOWEVER, I cannot stress enough how good of story this is

Is it a Mai-Chan daily Life style story? No! This is an amazing psychological and body horror story. The disturbing events and circumstances all flow super well into the story so none of it feels like it was added just to be added. WITH EXCEPTIONS OF 2 TIMES FROM AKANE! (this bish dumbasf)
  2. 5.00 star(s)

new new

it pretty good the gore filter on when you start change it at setting if you want to increase your save size go to init folder then edit your save.xtx and load.xtx page from 10 to any number you want
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Harbin238

Despite the title and the horror you'd never expect that there's a surprisingly wholesome, hard-earned feel-good story in here. Good mystery too.

I'm generally a sucker for guro and other things that really push the boundary of animated or drawn ero so I was immediately dragged into this title. But despite the gore and depravity on display here; those things appeared to me far weaker and less interesting than the actual story in this VN and how it unravels itself over the course of multiple playthroughs.

I went into this VN erect and ready to coom and yet by the second route I felt like some of the more gratuitous H-scenes were simply just getting in the way. I'd even say some of them were boring despite the fetish tags.

It works better as a weekend afternoon mystery romp than how it actually looks like. It's a pretty good read.