Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Grandma's House - Walkthrough + Music Mod[v0.16a/v0.37a/v0.53/v0.56] [KoGa3]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Any chance you could let me know where the color for the text displaying the points on choices in the game are in the files??

Having a litte hard to read the dark blue text... :giggle:

Thanks for the mod btw. :giggle:(y)
I made a quick patch, I changed there the blue WT recommedations to a bit darker yellow
screenshot0006.png
extract the Zip and replace the files in the .../game folder

Aug. 7, 2022
Removed the patch because it's now already integrated in the Mod download

Last edited:

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
when i installed the mod the option for gallery disappeared
Strange. I checked again and had no problems here. Do you have an outdated Mod maybe? (because installing the old one would remove the gallery button).

PhadarSolo

Sep 12, 2017
By any chance, will the jukebox from the now obsolete replay version of the mod make a return in future releases?

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
By any chance, will the jukebox from the now obsolete replay version of the mod make a return in future releases?
Yes, very likely. Wanted to try that even yesterday, but after another two Mod updates for other games... :oops:o_O:sleep:
But I definitely have a look at it again, maybe I check that later today.

Reactions: Chrisdarock19

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
I noticed the button_delete files are still included but no longer showing up on saved games?

Reactions: KoGa3

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
The Mod variant with jukebox player is finished.
I noticed the button_delete files are still included but no longer showing up on saved games?
Ah, thanks. They seem to be left over. (I did not change the save function here since there's already a named save option integrated in the main game)
I've removed them now in the new Mod version.

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
The Mod variant with jukebox player is finished.

Ah, thanks. They seem to be left over. (I did not change the save function here since there's already a named save option integrated in the main game)
I've removed them now in the new Mod version.
Added the Mod variant to PC version and quick menu function does not show and no jukebox music plays in game.

Main menu music plays no problem

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Added the Mod variant to PC version and quick menu function does not show and no jukebox music plays in game.

Main menu music plays no problem
Strange. I just checked it on a complete fresh install, even removed the persistent data from the appdata folder before starting. Worked actually without problem for me.

Edit: can you try starting a new game? Or maybe also remove the persistent data so the Mod do not "find" any old settings?
Maybe when using a save made with my old RePlay music Mod there's something messing with it.

Edit2: If you can start my additional game settings in the preferences, try to switch the quick menu off and then on again. Maybe this helps.

Last edited:

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
Strange. I just checked it on a complete fresh install, even removed the persistent data from the appdata folder before starting. Worked actually without problem for me.

Edit: can you try starting a new game? Or maybe also remove the persistent data so the Mod do not "find" any old settings?
Maybe when using a save made with my old RePlay music Mod there's something messing with it.

Edit2: If you can start my additional game settings in the preferences, try to switch the quick menu off and then on again. Maybe this helps.
I tried removing the persistent data and loading a save. No joy, it may well be due to the previous RePlay music mod.

Mod works as intended on a new start as you said. I'll just have to restart the game. No problem, thanks for looking into it.

Reactions: KoGa3

flower77

Aug 20, 2021
Is it intended that when something isnt said by a character like "You notice Nana is starting to doze off." that it has no dialogue box and is therefore harder to read at times?

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
Is it intended that when something isnt said by a character like "You notice Nana is starting to doze off." that it has no dialogue box and is therefore harder to read at times?
all koga mods got
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
me personally extemly dislike dialog box and always remove it, but with his mods you got option to set how you like

flower77

Aug 20, 2021
all koga mods got
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
me personally extemly dislike dialog box and always remove it, but with his mods you got option to set how you like
Thanks for the answer, but that i know. I have the opacity at 100% and i got the Dialogue Box when a Character says something, but when its like narrating like "Meanwhile downstairs ..." or "A few hours later ..." then there is no dialogue box. I know its not Dialogue, but it would be helpful (at least for me) if there was an option to get it there as well.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Thanks for the answer, but that i know. I have the opacity at 100% and i got the Dialogue Box when a Character says something, but when its like narrating like "Meanwhile downstairs ..." or "A few hours later ..." then there is no dialogue box. I know its not Dialogue, but it would be helpful (at least for me) if there was an option to get it there as well.
Hi. Yes, that's intentional. This function used to have the dialog box as you suggested in former Mods. But got some feedback that it would be better to hide that in that cases to make the difference of spoken text and comment more clear. Well, then I removed it...

If desired I can give you a patch for that to turn that on again, but I would have to know which Mod variant you are using (WT only or the one with additional music).

Edit:
I think I'm making a compromise in the next Mod version: If the opacity is set higher then a value (maybe more then 80%), then the dialog box also appears for commentar text, too.

Last edited:

Belly97

Well Known Lurker
Donor
Aug 2, 2017
Hi. Yes, that's intentional. This function used to have the dialog box as you suggested in former Mods. But got some feedback that it would be better to hide that in that cases to make the difference of spoken text and comment more clear. Well, then I removed it...

If desired I can give you a patch for that to turn that on again, but I would have to know which Mod variant you are using (WT only or the one with additional music).

Edit:
I think I'm making a compromise in the next Mod version: If the opacity is set higher then a value (maybe more then 80%), then the dialog box also appears for commentar text, too.
That sounds like a good compromise.

Reactions: ScarlettArcherX
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote