Daz Grass surface assets

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
What assets are good for the lawn in front of the house? Ideally, I need something where I can choose the size or materials that will allow to cover primitives of any size with grass.
I came across for example at , but here's the problem that any shape other than a square will deform the grass.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
There is also Grassy Grounds from the same author. That's what I plan to use later (I'm stuck into city-based render right now). From what I've seen it comes with lots of props, so it should be easily 'instanciable'. But I have no clue how it looks render-wise.

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
Both of these products are more suitable for large open landscapes.
ULTIMATE Grass & Meadow Worldbuilder covers a large area and it is not possible to apply grass to smaller objects. Iray Worlds-Plus and Amazing Horizons for Iray Worlds-Plus allows you to use smaller areas of grass, but it's not grass that looks good in the well-kept gardens.
There is also Grassy Grounds from the same author. That's what I plan to use later (I'm stuck into city-based render right now). From what I've seen it comes with lots of props, so it should be easily 'instanciable'. But I have no clue how it looks render-wise.
This also looks more like grass in the wild than grass in a well-kept garden. I meant something closer to the English lawn.

is probably closest to what I want, but I still have a problem when I want an area of some specific size.
Maybe I'll just use textures, because I didn't find anything like that.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Never tried and might be a bit overkill but you could try to do it by fitting strand-based hair to your surface and ajust color, with, density, salt, curves.... :unsure:

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
Never tried and might be a bit overkill but you could try to do it by fitting strand-based hair to your surface and ajust color, with, density, salt, curves...
Is it possible to apply hair assets to flat surfaces and cover the entire surface?

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Not hair-asset but hair or fur-like meshes to any surface.

Select your surface/panes and Create > New Strand Based Hair
Fit it to your selected surface :

01.png

Paint where you want your "grass" (or paint everything if you want everything)

02.png

I guess it's the tricky part - adjust density (way lower), width, salt, color, etc, to simulate grass... You can make curve in the Style tab iirc. Click accept whenever you are done.

03.png

Select your Strand-Based hair and click on "Preview PR Hairs" (or you will see nothing) in the parameters pane, lots of setting in the surface tab too.

04.png

But to be honest I never have the occasion to play with this, it may as well not worth it (not sure how much impact it has on render)

Last edited:
Reactions: lawfullame

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
Not hair-asset but hair or fur-like meshes to any surface.

Select your surface/panes and Create > New Strand Based Hair
Fit it to your selected surface :

View attachment 440127

Paint where you want your "grass" (or paint everything if you want everything)

View attachment 440128

I guess it's the tricky part - adjust density (way lower), width, salt, color, etc, to simulate grass... You can make curve in the Style tab iirc. Click accept whenever you are done.

View attachment 440129

Select your Strand-Based hair and click on "Preview PR Hairs" (or you will see nothing) in the parameters pane, lots of setting in the surface tab too.

View attachment 440132

But to be honest I never have the occasion to play with this, it may as well not worth it (not sure how much impact it has on render)
I do not know if this will come in handy for this purpose, but I totally forgot that there is this feature in Daz. Thanks for reminding me. I'll play a little and see.