greetings amigos

Dragon Shin

Oct 6, 2017
I have a question for you pals. No, actually a lot of questions.
say I want to create my own game, where should I start? and what engine is the easiest to learn ? and what are some of the languages that I ought to learn ?
you see I have a lot of ideas, I also can write decently, though I can't say for sure when it comes to English, especially writing depths. English is my second tongue and due to my love for this language I wouldn't say I can write English fairly well, or it would be an underestimation of this language. but anyway, could you guys give me some information as to where I should start?

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Welcome @Dragon Shin!

Well simply put there's probably three main areas you could start focusing on. Coding/Engine choice, rendering and for you, probably proof reading.

In terms of engines, the two main ones are Ren'Py (Python based) and Unity (C# based). There's others like standard html, RPGM, etc but they're the two main choices. Many players prefer Ren'Py because it's easier to navigate but also assume that it's less buggy than Unity (It's not. It all depends on the coder). Explore them and see which one you think is better.

Then onto rendering which will be one of your main points to focus on apart from the story. Daz3D and Octane are the two main rendering programs that people use and obviously you'll need a decent PC to produce high quality renders. There's plenty of resources here and other developers who can help you here.

In terms of your ideas for the story, I think it's best to get an English proofreader to edit your script.

Dragon Shin

Oct 6, 2017
Welcome @Dragon Shin!

Well simply put there's probably three main areas you could start focusing on. Coding/Engine choice, rendering and for you, probably proof reading.

In terms of engines, the two main ones are Ren'Py (Python based) and Unity (C# based). There's others like standard html, RPGM, etc but they're the two main choices. Many players prefer Ren'Py because it's easier to navigate but also assume that it's less buggy than Unity (It's not. It all depends on the coder). Explore them and see which one you think is better.

Then onto rendering which will be one of your main points to focus on apart from the story. Daz3D and Octane are the two main rendering programs that people use and obviously you'll need a decent PC to produce high quality renders. There's plenty of resources here and other developers who can help you here.

In terms of your ideas for the story, I think it's best to get an English proofreader to edit your script.
awesome thanks