Identify Grindy Pixel Art Dungeon Crawler where I likely have some details wrong

Krevmh

Jul 29, 2017
Bear with me, because I just don't remember as much of this game as I'd like but it's driving me up a wall.

Played (and misplaced) a game a hot few years ago that I enjoyed a lot. Game was almost certainly Japanese and was a dungeon crawler based around treasure hunting through a lot of floors with a big boss every ten or so floors. Here's the twist, the main character herself was fairly useless at it (at least at first) and as I recall the major focus was on hiring out other warriors to do most of the combat for you. The game was deeply grindy on purpose, as the idea was that you'd do small loops over and over to build up money for better allies and/or better gear.

I remember the art being pixel-centric, it could have been an RPG Maker game, but I'm not sure. Seem to recall it being JRPG gameplay even if it wasn't RPG Maker.

Krevmh

Jul 29, 2017
Pretty sure I found it on my own for anybody checking in from the future, it was The Tower of Wisdom and Stupidity and I misremembered a good few things in this post.

Reactions: MyraTheAmazing