RPGM - Growing Rivalry [v6.03] [NickSav]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Boombox 221

Play on easy mode. Read text on right side of screen to see what the effects are. Learn the cheese. Profit.

If you like simple tactical card games, this one is pretty good. My only complaint is the hard save lockout. If I make my deck, I'd like to save immediately after all that puzzling. Especially if I reset and lose all the cards I got from the day's gacha pack.

For new players: get only the New Beginnings card pack. Its the most economical, and you can build pretty good starter decks. If you choose to build a parasite based deck, make sure to discard each one in your hand before you play them if possible. This allows you both negate the discard cost, as well as keep using the parasite card (the one you discarded is still in the discard, the one you have in your hand is the one that will be exiled when played.)

All in all, solid 4 out of 5. Needs a save scum mode.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

solarjohn

My copy says Demo but im pretty sure its [v6.03]

A surprisingly deep card game, with lost of cards and distinct booster pack sets which I want to talk about first

Obviously with any card game its fairly hard to balance for people that dont want to or dont care to fully explore the different cards, but this is not helped by the fact that you only have a starting deck and maybe enough to buy 2 extra boosters (which do help but are usually not enough)

But once you do get going there are some fairly interesting ideas with different card types, and you can make some busted combos, but a lot of it is not well explained at all

There is no way to know what an effect does without it already being applied to you and hovering over the icon in the UI. Add Cards also dont explain what cards are being added until you use them, which is very annoying

As usual, draw and search cards are the best and status effects are underwhelming , but thats common in all card games

The other stuff:
    Art is AI and for the most part good, although it does get overshadowed by the card game aspect of it, and theres no real scenes outside of said cardgame

The UI is serviceable but bad in certain spots, like text being too small or elements covering up text

The game runs wierdly slow and text takes forever to scroll past, which doesnt help with every 'round' you getting updates on every single characters win loss record. In battles as well the game can go by wierdly slow

At the end of it I had a weirdly large amount of fun with this game, mainly because i could sink my teeth into all the different cards, but it is severely under baked in a lot of other areas

Keeping my eye on this one
  3. 4.00 star(s)

omg477

Interesting project, still need a lot of work but imo something better than v0.1 games without idea what they want to be. Hope author gonna work on it rather than complaing about piracy these days xd

~Game is still unbalanced as hell;
    ~There are visual problems with user panel;
    ~Lack of fixes within patches for "easy to fix" things
    ~author don't wanna change engine because "he heard something about unity" like it was the only option

I think it is even better that people use ai to fill lack of visual aspect for their games. It increase numer of people creat new games who would never even try make one because of lack artisticntalent for draws.

Author made clever concept for a game but has no idea how to improve or lead the project. He proves it by posting his thoughts about leaks and decisions of deleting already paid content of the game.
    Which lead us users to lack of updates or author's "change of mind" and IT would bring.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

confusedork

Hitting all of my kinks, now all I need is a proper card guide because off the difficulty spike at 300 height.

The AI art is decent an I can see when the manipulation had to be hand drawn.

My only complaint is that there needs to be a save feature so that you won't need to repeat the entire day if you mess up for those completion types.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Performance Artist

Deck building is easily the best part of the game, others not so much.

First off, there is distinctively lack of both text and image transformation content for each PC selection to make up for tedious grind of a game (despite the uses of AI art which already gives you capacity to mass produce it) if you want to beat up all the contestant. (Which is intuitive given the heavy theme of domination the game is basing on) You are better off just keep the contestants alive as much as possible and let them beat up the queen.

In the castle, you are also limited to challenge each guard and queen once per day, the guards are not so bad relatively since you only need to beat 2/4 times in order to reach one of the endings, you need to completely drain the queen's height. What makes it even worse is that you uses height to purchase most of the cards from the shop, which is the only practical way to complete a functional deck, those height you spent will end up feeding to the queen's, not to mention she also receive a seemingly daily height gain anyway if you eliminate enough contestants. It wouldn't be so bad if you are only required to challenge the queen a set amount of times instead or remove the daily challenge limit for the queen.

Basically what you want to do is avoid eliminating contestant as much as possible as you want them to gain enough height so that they can challenge the queen when you finished the day which will help speed up the progress while you being the tallest. You don't need to challenge the queen yourself turns out, as the win condition is literally you being the tallest once the queen shrinked enough.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Silly Monk

the mechanics of the game is quite fresh and new. the story is also quite intrusive and good. but the animation was a turn off for me. the use of ai art is also good . but the girls. god in hevean !! wwhat the heck is that??