VN - Ren'Py - Growing Thing's Up [v0.24c] [King]

1. 5.00 star(s)

JimmyJazz69

I found out this game from v0.22, and I'm just 15 mins into playing it, but I feel I have to make this review NOW – both to give the dev some motivation, but also to make it more "visible" for the community.
    To cut a long story short: this was the first game/VN here that sold me from the first scene – extremely hot and, at the same time, the one that makes the story go forward, in an interesting and compelling way.
    Although this is at the very beginning, it is already very well polished, with great animations, sound effects and music. The story, writing and dialogues are also above average for what we usually find around here.
    The women renders are also top notch, with beautiful models of different styles, shapes and sizes.
    I hope the dev gets the support he/she needs to pull this forward and into completion. I'll look forward for the next updates!
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Kmilo9

very good quality, in terms of textures, setting, animations and excellent character creation with the exception of the protagonist who is uglier than an open ass.
    I hope a better dramatization that complements the story that exists at the moment
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Caryland

I know it's an initial release, and that's why I'm being critical and harsh now, so the problems can be fixed early and going forward. It's a very promising looking, visually, although it does kind of seem like a knock off of another game on here that uses the same font for it's title. That's not a knock or complaint, just an observation.

As I said, I like the visuals a lot, but my issue is with the writing. So many issues. Sentence structure, wrong use of words, spelling errors, not quite Engrish, but pretty close. I am being harsh on this cause those parts fixed, this can be a very good game. Visuals are not enough, as it's a novel as well.

I will definitely come back to play future updates, and update this review once the writing is corrected. Please invest time or find someone who's a native English speaker who can work on editing the writing so it can be as enjoyable to read as it is to look at.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

m0us3r

TL;DR: Thoroughly made, interesting game, but it's too early to say how good it's gonna be as for now it doesn't have much attractive content for me.

It's a pretty short demo, and I'm saying demo also because notifications like "She will remember that" aren't paired with any variables to actually remember the choices.

The interface looks creative & very professional. Though I would add tooltips to the UI buttons.

Graphic design is perfect. Many interesting visual details. Wonderful clips and dynamic effects make it look almost like a real movie.

Very good music & sound.

The story might be less interesting to me, as I don't like forced BDSM domination or forced mommy sex.

The girls are very pretty, though with exaggerated feminine parts. But MC's face is almost unpleasant when he is smiling.

I hope to see more, and maybe I'll update my review.

[v0.1]
  5. 3.00 star(s)

flarigand

I will be direct, I think the technical level in this VN is great, High quality renders, good lighting, good camera angles, good animations, good use of Ren'pay, good UI design, all wonderful in the technical/visual section.

It seems incredible to me that most of the people who do the difficult thing always end up failing in what is theoretically easier, the narrative,
    typical cliché and boring story, the MC who seems like a common idiot, who has an indescribable sex appeal that attracts all living beings that have a vagina, In this case it is worse, the age of the character or the social class does not matter, simply everyone wants to with the MC, from the first moment they see him, this does not happen with one character or with two, no, with all the female characters with whom the MC runs into.

The developer has the opportunity to create something great, they have the technical ability, improve the narrative, on this website there are many VNs with the highest levels in the visual section, which simply do not transcend due to having a poor narrative, for example "Fresh Woman", don't make the same mistake.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

veibvux

I really enjoy playing games like this. Great animation, good story, and beautiful models. These games are so much better than sandbox games and you actually play it a few times to choose different options to see how the story plays out. Keep up the great work. Really looking forward to the next season and beyond.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

MikeOG

Excellent start.
    This has Amazing renders, beautiful girl designs, very hot and smooth animations.
    I liked the sound and the music that was added . The is nothing much to say about the story cuz it just started. I also enjoyed the interactions with the girls. My favorites are Deborah and Brenda (Very thiccc.
    I cant wait to see whats next to come and I hope for more good interactions with the girls (if you know what I mean)

Keep it up with the good work dev, this game has excellent potential to be top tier .
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Dickman886

It is a demo and it is on the good direction.

Excellent renders and animations. The lighting is good. The character designs are great that do not make you feel you have seen them in others VN.

I quite like the dialog it is quick and no meaningless conversations. Looking forward to upcoming updates.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

gatts69

A little bit short but it is a demo so that's ok I guess.
    Models are good looking, some decent music in the background.
    A good start of a story...

Some of the english could use some correcting but all in all not a bad demo, curious to see the next chapter (hopefully a little longer then ;-)).
  10. 5.00 star(s)

xiphe116

This game is very promising. Extremely good renders with great level of immersion. Writing is also good, straight forward and very entertaining. The game knows why youre here and it knows what is hot, no need for beating the bush. Hopefully, it gets regularly updated
  11. 1.00 star(s)

Prokopije

Based on V0.1
    This is indeed bad, very bad. Cliche game, which puts player into shoes of horny guy, who's almost instantly haunted by every female NPC he encounters. MC is dull, unremarkable, without any trace of personality. Other characters are not much better, as well.
    About story I can't tell much, because it's early stage, but it doesn't look good. Bellow average writing combined with cliche - it never turns well. At the moment it's bellow passable.
    Renders and arts are not top, but not the worst either. It's passable.
    Sexual content is forced, so game don't offers any real choices to players or opportunity to choose girls.
    Would not recommend to others.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

homejorz

WOW!! Impressive first update!! Gotta say, this Dev gets it!

You don't have to be a mindless fuck fest. But you also don't have to make everyone's balls so damn blue

The story is easy to follow but not a cliché avn trope. The lewd stuff is amazing and the renders are top tier. All woman in the game are hot as fuck. the UI is great, the animations are great. Basically I am slobbering all over this game! Keep up the good work! Only complaint would be some spelling errors. there are a few, but it doesn't distract from all the others games strengths

Excellent start. Eager for more
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Lanxorn

Wonderful render, juicy colors, not empty scenes. Characters unique or custom assets. The animation is also beautiful and pleasant.
    Plot is just beginning and it's hard to say anything, but the prologue and acquaintance with the owner of dorm, promises interesting twists.