3.60 star(s) 10 Votes

vattgern2033

Apr 21, 2020
How to bypass the Patreon check

Download the GrowthLocalServer, extract it to any folder you like (the .exe file in the zip archive is all you need) and run it. It requires and will ask for admin privileges in order work *. Once you started it a window will open that says Listening. At this point you can launch the game. Make sure to leave that window open as long as you play. While in the game click the big patreon button in the center of the screen and click on UNLOCK GAME in the next screen that shows up:

View attachment 712733

After you have done that the game will redirect you to the main menu and you are able to play.

Help it doesn't work!?

If for some reason you don't see the unlock screen or the menu won't show up make sure port 80 is not blocked by any application that is running on your computer. You will also need to have the .NET Framework v4.7.2 installed to run this software.

GrowthLocalServer will:
  • modify the hosts file to redirect all growthrpg.com requests to your local machine
  • start listening on port 80 and intercept all incoming patreon requests
  • clean up and remove the entry from the hosts file again when the application is terminated
The source is included in the archive, so go nuts and modify it to your needs if you want.

* Admin privileges are necessary in order to modify the hosts file and to listen on port 80

Cheers,
when running exe. file, the console window appears and immediately disappears, what is the reason? Please, help.

Last edited:

KL-001-A

Dec 16, 2019
tumbnail just look like its some weird vr chat room for fetish furry characters
That's because it's the shit art the dev has as their banner on their Patreon. Every now and then, someone'll pop in this thread thinking that's from the game, but it's not.
Heck, I'm sure some people have been completely turned off from downloading the game thanks to that pic.

MarsD

Nov 2, 2017
How to bypass the Patreon check

Download the GrowthLocalServer, extract it to any folder you like (the .exe file in the zip archive is all you need) and run it. It requires and will ask for admin privileges in order work *. Once you started it a window will open that says Listening. At this point you can launch the game. Make sure to leave that window open as long as you play. While in the game click the big patreon button in the center of the screen and click on UNLOCK GAME in the next screen that shows up:

View attachment 712733

After you have done that the game will redirect you to the main menu and you are able to play.

Help it doesn't work!?

If for some reason you don't see the unlock screen or the menu won't show up make sure port 80 is not blocked by any application that is running on your computer. You will also need to have the .NET Framework v4.7.2 installed to run this software.

GrowthLocalServer will:
  • modify the hosts file to redirect all growthrpg.com requests to your local machine
  • start listening on port 80 and intercept all incoming patreon requests
  • clean up and remove the entry from the hosts file again when the application is terminated
The source is included in the archive, so go nuts and modify it to your needs if you want.

* Admin privileges are necessary in order to modify the hosts file and to listen on port 80

Cheers,
And here's what I got, opened as admin and everything.

Listening
Access to the path 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts' is denied.

Unhandled Exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding)
at System.IO.File.WriteAllLines(String path, String[] contents, Encoding encoding)
at PSHostsFile.Core.TransformOperation.TransformFile(String hostsFile, Func`2[] transforms)
at PSHostsFile.Core.Remove.RemoveFromFile(String target, String hostsPath)
at PSHostsFile.HostsFile.Remove(String hostName)
at GrowthLocalServer.Program.<Main>d__1.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at GrowthLocalServer.Program.<Main>(String[] args)

Edit: Solved, my host file was set to read only.

Last edited:

vattgern2033

Apr 21, 2020
And here's what I got, opened as admin and everything.

Listening

Unhandled Exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding)
at System.IO.File.WriteAllLines(String path, String[] contents, Encoding encoding)
at PSHostsFile.Core.TransformOperation.TransformFile(String hostsFile, Func`2[] transforms)
at PSHostsFile.Core.Remove.RemoveFromFile(String target, String hostsPath)
at PSHostsFile.HostsFile.Remove(String hostName)
at GrowthLocalServer.Program.<Main>d__1.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at GrowthLocalServer.Program.<Main>(String[] args)

Edit: Solved, my host file was set to read only.
I have the same error but the hosts file is not marked as read-only.

OnііChan

Nov 2, 2020
What im need to do, if me write in GrowthLocalServer.exe:
Listening

kilgorio

Sep 10, 2018
Same Problem
same I have tried to see if anything is blocking port 80 but nothing comes up
I don't know how to dix this I tried closing all my programs with task manager but it didn't work

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 10 Votes