3.60 star(s) 10 Votes

Henk Poepdoos

Aug 28, 2021
May i know how do you add "PlayerCompanionSavename" string array. It would be very helpful if you could give me an example of how to do that. Thanks

So I decided to write a script for this to make it a lot easier. It should work normally but I would still highly recommend backing up your save files before using it.

For some reason you can't upload python scripts on here so the first thing you need to do is to download the file and change the extension from ".txt" to ".py". Now you need to place it in the folder with your saves, which can be found at:
*path_to_game*\GrowthRPG\Saved\SaveGames

To run the script you need to click the address bar in the file explorer, type in "cmd" and hit enter. This will open a command prompt pointing to the save folder.

Now you need to type in:
"python editsave.py *yoursavefile*.sav”

This will print out some properties of all the characters but won’t change anything yet.

To modify your followers you need to open the script in a text editor. Copy the names of the NPCs you want as followers from the command prompt (save name, not the one above it) and put them in "npc_custom" like so:
b"LesserFollowerCompanion",
b"BarrelOwnerRepeatable",
etc.

Now you have to run the script again. You can easily do so by pressing the up arrow and enter to execute the last command. This time it will change your followers to what you put in the script.

By the way, if the NPC you added doesn't show up it might be because it is marked as dead or it doesn't exist in the save file. For example you can't have the bandit gate guard as a follower if you beat him or the giant rat if you haven't completed the sewer yet.

Last edited:

SebTheSamMarten

May 12, 2022
Here is the updated name list. I have also included some interactable objects such as the anvil and the save point, so you can upgrade your weapons or save the game wherever you want.
Hey, much appreciated! I'm actually trying to troubleshoot some stuff, figure out the new items and interactions and whatnot, to help Digi (potentially) with the development so having a list of properly updated stuff so I can break in the newest stuff will be very helpful. c:

And before you ask why Digi didn't just give me the list themselves since I'm trying to help test stuff... I dunno. They're likely super busy and don't have the time to sit down and make a list of the things for every hotfix for people when they're working on fixing the code instead.

Reactions: Henk Poepdoos

Takezo1000

Oct 17, 2020
I got the poisonsmith's dank potion that reduces health to 1. But even when I drink it I still have 3 in my inventory. Do I need to win a fight or something?

I managed to consume it if I talk to Lulu near the sewer and let her drain my stats, but I don't know why this works. Also, is Lulu's drain permanent? What is her purpose? It doesn't reduce my level, just my stats.

Last edited:

Takezo1000

Oct 17, 2020
I got the poisonsmith's dank potion that reduces health to 1. But even when I drink it I still have 3 in my inventory. Do I need to win a fight or something?

I managed to consume it if I talk to Lulu near the sewer and let her drain my stats, but I don't know why this works. Also, is Lulu's drain permanent? What is her purpose? It doesn't reduce my level, just my stats.
Edit: So I tried a few more times and sometimes the potion was consumed and others it wasn't. It seems that there is only a chance of triggering the growth effect and therefore consuming it.

WilsonVP

Jan 11, 2022
So I decided to write a script for this to make it a lot easier. It should work normally but I would still highly recommend backing up your save files before using it.

For some reason you can't upload python scripts on here so the first thing you need to do is to download the file and change the extension from ".txt" to ".py". Now you need to place it in the folder with your saves, which can be found at:
*path_to_game*\GrowthRPG\Saved\SaveGames

To run the script you need to click the address bar in the file explorer, type in "cmd" and hit enter. This will open a command prompt pointing to the save folder.

Now you need to type in:
"python editsave.py *yoursavefile*.sav”

This will print out some properties of all the characters but won’t change anything yet.

To modify your followers you need to open the script in a text editor. Copy the names of the NPCs you want as followers from the command prompt (save name, not the one above it) and put them in "npc_custom" like so:
b"LesserFollowerCompanion",
b"BarrelOwnerRepeatable",
etc.

Now you have to run the script again. You can easily do so by pressing the up arrow and enter to execute the last command. This time it will change your followers to what you put in the script.

By the way, if the NPC you added doesn't show up it might be because it is marked as dead or it doesn't exist in the save file. For example you can't have the bandit gate guard as a follower if you beat him or the giant rat if you haven't completed the sewer yet.
Damn, really appreciate your help man. Without your help, it may take me forever to do it. Btw, I'll try it now ^^ once again, THANKS.

Reactions: Henk Poepdoos

WilsonVP

Jan 11, 2022

1/ Here is how u do poisonsmith's quest. Drink that potion, then find an enemy, beat them, and repeat until you're done.

2/She consume all of your essences that u have then give u back some empty growth essence

merptank24

Jul 12, 2021
1/ Here is how u do poisonsmith's quest. Drink that potion, then find an enemy, beat them, and repeat until you're done.

2/She consume all of your essences that u have then give u back some empty growth essence
its more that she drains the stats u gained from essences out so you know where your actual stats are at

Reactions: WilsonVP

Henk Poepdoos

Aug 28, 2021
Hey, much appreciated! I'm actually trying to troubleshoot some stuff, figure out the new items and interactions and whatnot, to help Digi (potentially) with the development so having a list of properly updated stuff so I can break in the newest stuff will be very helpful. c:

And before you ask why Digi didn't just give me the list themselves since I'm trying to help test stuff... I dunno. They're likely super busy and don't have the time to sit down and make a list of the things for every hotfix for people when they're working on fixing the code instead.
You're welcome!

I would also like to help Digi so maybe I can tell him about the bugs I found, such as the UI breaking with too many followers or the character turning invisible. Although these probably don't happen under normal circumstances and only occurred because I messed with the save file for fun.

By the way, if the list is outdated sometime in the future and you want to find the names of the new items, here's how to do it with umodel.

Open the program, set the path to the game directory and hit OK. This should give you an overview of all the assets in the game.

umodel.PNG

From here you can find the new weapons and gear in under "All packages/Game/Item/Equipment" Most items have their own folder and if there are multiple files in it, the item itself usually is the one with the smallest file size. (size kb).

To check if you picked the right name try to spawn the item in the game with the summon command:
summon *itemname*_c (don't include ".uasset" from the filename, and add "_c" at the end)
This should make it appear next to you. If it doesn't try the other names until it does.

fool_FM

Feb 15, 2020
How do I go beyond requesting the code? https://f95zone.to/threads/growth-rpg-v0-5-2-digital-fur-below.47698/post-3638512 I don't know what I should look for here some say about Check Post 981? so downloaded 6gb for nothing and can't even try it? I'm waiting for your answers, have a nice day
Post 981 gives you a program you run when you wanna play the game that will make it so you can just input aaaaaaaanything into the patreon code the game requests and it'll let you in the game. You should go check it out

If you still don't understand, you can see the post number on the top right of your post, like how your post is post 1054.

Last edited:

lednaruto

May 27, 2017
Post 981 gives you a program you run when you wanna play the game that will make it so you can just input aaaaaaaanything into the patreon code the game requests and it'll let you in the game. You should go check it out

If you still don't understand, you can see the post number on the top right of your post, like how your post is post 1054.

ah ok now I understand they meant the seat number, I had never noticed ^_^, now I've understood the download and put it in the pak, now I'll see if it starts thanks for everything

Henk Poepdoos

Aug 28, 2021
Damn, really appreciate your help man. Without your help, it may take me forever to do it. Btw, I'll try it now ^^ once again, THANKS.

I made some changes to the script and turned it into a save editor with an interface. You can use it to change a bunch of settings or to give yourself all armor and weapons so you can easily test or break the game. It wasn't easy to figure out how to do all of this, so I hope you guys can have fun with it.

Screenshot (4582).png

Currently the options are:
- Name: Only displayed at the main menu and not the actual name of the file.
- Player Name: Only displayed at the main menu and not the actual name of the player.
- Game Version: Displayed at the game menu.
- Current Level: The map/environment you are in.
- New game: if it is a new game or not. It is recommended to keep this disabled
- Use lewd: The global lewd setting. Whether genitals are shown or not
- NPCs: All npcs in the file. You can't adjust their settings yet, but you can turn them into followers
- Followers: NPCs which will follow you
- Unlock all skins: Unlocks all character skin options
- Give all weapons: Gives 1 of every weapon
- Give all armor: Gives 1 of every armor piece

editor window.PNG

Just like before, I highly recommend backing up your save files before you use the editor. To use it, rename the file to "editor.py", place it in the folder with your save files and double click to run it. By default it will open "save0.sav", but you can open other files as well by changing "file_path" in the script.

You can keep both the editor and the game open at the same time, but whenever you save from within the game
you should close the editor and re-open it. Otherwise it won't update properly and will very likely overwrite your save with old data.

I haven't tried everything you can do with it yet, but here are some interesting things I found so far:

Levels
- Overworld and Debug130OverworldCopy are the overworld.
- StreamingLevel is the old overworld.
- TrialDungeonOverworld is the old single room dungeon.
- SpawnNPCTest is the desert world Digi often uses on stream to test things.
- Most levels don't let you return to the overworld
- Combat levels don't spawn in your followers and you can't open your inventory.
- Some levels make you fall endlessly when you go to a different area.

Skin options
- "Hidden" makes a character's nails, eyes and nose invisible
- "Skins_MAX" makes a character's body nearly completely invisible

Items
- The Bone weapon has no description
- The Hard hat doesn't show up when equipped

Followers
- If you add "Player" (yourself) as a follower, you can't move at all
- You can get two invincible followers from the test world (SpawnNPCTest)

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 10 Votes