Tool Gui for gofile-downloader using pyqt (Linux) -> Simple, Paralell, Sequential.

wsnlndr

May 20, 2023
Hello and for the record, I am not a programmer, do not expect an impeccable program + part of the code is generated with GPT4o.
This code uses with license with some modifications and additions.
Credits for -> &&

44977415.png

We have a simple interface to download from gofile.io
It is not a very useful tool since downloads can be done simply from the browser, but sometimes the browser can crash along with the downloads in progress.
So I wanted to share it for whoever wants to use it.
This is working on Gnu/Linux, I don't know if it can be adapted for Windows but probably yes, I don't have Windows to test, sorry.

Captura desde 2024-05-25 13-54-37.png

A good future modification could be to add the sequential download capacity, to leave the program downloading several games while we are not using the PC.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sydnt1901

wsnlndr

May 20, 2023
Here we have version 0.2 of the program, in this case there is no functionality for sequential downloading, they are only simple to download in parallel, if the connection bandwidth is good and generous this program can be useful.

A possible sequential version of the program will be useful and focused on more modest connections.

Captura desde 2024-05-25 16-17-22.png

wsnlndr

May 20, 2023
And here we have the sequential version, the second download will not start until the first one finishes, the third will not start until the second one finishes, etc...

It is worth remembering that this program is based on the code for Gofile-Downloader.

This approach is designed for people who have connections with limited capacities.
In this case, the available bandwidth is used for the download until it finishes, two seconds pass and the next one starts.

The script has no limits on downloads in the queue, only the server decides whether or not we are abusing its services.

This script must be located in the same downloads folder, as no functionality has been implemented to select destination folders.

Captura desde 2024-06-30 12-53-26.png

Last edited:

wsnlndr

May 20, 2023
Why does this thing exist?
JDownloader can do all of this stuff
What's wrong with having a tool that you can modify down to the core and add and remove functionality if that's what makes you happy?

Jdownloader is a nice program, but why should there be only one tool to do something?

If someone invented the wheel before me, can't I indulge myself by making my own and sharing it with anyone who wants to use it? :)

wsnlndr

May 20, 2023
I guess not everyone knows the philosophies that usually "many" users of GNU/Linux have in mind and I'm not going to explain them here either, but those same philosophies explain the reason for tools like this, however humble it may be.

Anyway, my personal reason for getting involved with this tool is that several times using an Arch Linux derived distro, I tried to use Jdownloader to download files from gofile.io, in those cases I had problems getting the downloads to work, so I spent some time making this tool and I also published it, as I said, in case it would be useful to someone. :whistle: