Tutorial RPGM Guide to using mtools and playing RPGs on Linux

omegasix456

Jul 13, 2018
Hello, here we demonstrate that with patience and the will to do things you can run the mtool and the RPG game on Linux, specifically on Debian, but it works for all other Linux distributions.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As you can see, my PC is not the best, so even better because with PCs with superior hardware than mine they can do it better.

I bought my PC reconditioned, with the following specifications:
CPU: i5-4590
Ram: 8 GB
GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 4600 (it is the processor's integrated graphics)
Storage: A 500 GB HDD (Here is the Linux too)

Now, how can you make the two programs run and have them connect to each other, here is my guide.

Before you have to have installed:
The latest video card driver to make it better
Have Wine 9.0 or its most recent version installed, as well as have Winetricks installed
Have Steam installed and start section with your account

Now if we start:
Enter your Steam account and enter the Steam parameters, forcing Steam to run the games, forcing you to use Proton Experimental (that one worked for me)
Now download a game that requires Proton

Now once the game is installed and from your main “home” folder (or the name of the user you used in Linux) go to this address “/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/” and this will appear
If this is the first time you use Steam on Linux, only a single folder will appear.

Now we leave this aside and go to winetricks

Winetricks is the most graphical way to use Wine without having to use commands.
Now enter this option
The default Wine is now loaded by creating a .wine folder in the user's home folder
Returning to the “compactdata” folder, you have to enter the numbers folder and within that enter the “pfx” folder and this will appear inside it:
Now everything that is inside “pfx” copy and paste it inside your .wine folder
And then you enter Winetricks selecting the default and then the winecfg to load the Proton configuration, leaving it like this
This means that you can run the “exe” without problems, but it is highly recommended to restart the computer to ensure that the Proton configuration is loaded correctly.

Now it's time to install the RTPs that are for Windows as if it were Windows

Test if any RPG game that is “.exe” runs easily as if it were (make sure to load the “.exe” with wine)

Now you must go to the Mtool folder and go directly to run the “nw.exe” program to see if it works correctly.

Clarifications
1. To run the games with the mtool you have to drag the game to the mtools so that it runs correctly, you cannot run the game without loading from the mtool because otherwise the mtool will not capture the game and the tool will not be executed, it is not like windows.

2. The mtool will not grab the game if any of the folders has a Japanese name (example “/r54646/寝取られ/game”), you have to translate all the folders that are in Japanese or in another language that is not in English because The game does not run, if the files inside the game folder are in Japanese there is no problem, the problem is the name of the folder on the outside and the location of the folder.