VN - Unity - Guilded Hearts [DEMO] [Argent Games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

huledyuu

[Review for the full game]

As expected from this dev, the writing quality is mostly great. All characters are interesting and all have unique personal conflicts. It's hard for me to choose a favorite tbh.
    The main plot and themes were great too, evrery route felt worth playing because the revealed new parts of the story, almost like a compiling puzzle. It had nice balance between IRL and internet stuff in every route, so nobody in tha cast felt disconnected from it.

I also enjoyed the MC, he had a backbone and a fun personality. His interactions with love interests were heartwarming. I just wish his appearance wasn't customizable, because he looked off in every NSFW CG.

Music is fitting, but SFX were a bit lacking, especially in the MMO sections.

The most dissapointing thing about this game was art. I alreday mentioned the issue with MC customization, but I also had a problem with LIs. I liked their designs, but wished the game used traditional sprite approach instead of them staying in one pose for the entire game. Verdant was a bit of an exception, but still.
    The backgrounds were a letdown too. Considering this was kickstarted, I hoped the devs would comission an artist for those, instead we got a decade-old rooms, streets and shop ones. Other backgrounds seemed unique tho, not sure why the devs needed those old bgs for.

All in all, a great game if you can overlook the issues with the art and get immersed in the writing. Can't wait for more games by this dev.