Unity Guilty Force: Wish of the Colony [v0.6] [Team Guilty Force]

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

kekasaurus

Jan 23, 2018
Right off the bat that pixel art style is fantastic and I'm a sucker for it.

Hope the game play is good and then I'll be in heaven.

maverih345456

Feb 27, 2018
is there a cheat for invisibility and unlimited ammo's and also walkthroughs?

Never mind saw it on the first part of this thread

DarkExecutor

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
is there a cheat for invisibility and unlimited ammos?
Currently there is only one cheat - unlocking hentai content, but I don't see a problem to add spawning items as a cheat in the next version. For example spawning Energy-kits that are used for invisibility/melee executions and spawning several typical types of ammo that are used in the game. What other item types would you like to have as a cheat? HE grenade?
Is there controller support?
Currently - no, but this is my next step after I implement inventory/upgrades cursor that will be controlled by keyboard and then it will be controlled by gamepad. My previous remake game supported Xbox 360 gamepad at least, but for this game it's more tricky because there is inventory/upgrades and other stuff that requires more actions.

Reactions: RobThom88

Aazkaal

Dec 3, 2017
right so i ran into a weird glitch in the hacking minigame where sometimes the game doesn't register me grabbing the points
Same.

Also, sometimes when you sneak to bad guys from behind, kill/stun prompt doesn’t appear (not even after reload); at least normal attack (X) still works.

DarkExecutor

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
right so i ran into a weird glitch in the hacking minigame where sometimes the game doesn't register me grabbing the points
Does it happen with only one point or it doesn't register any points?
Also, sometimes when you sneak to bad guys from behind, kill/stun prompt doesn’t appear (not even after reload); at least normal attack (X) still works.
Does it happen only with male green thugs or blue female thugs, too?

Aazkaal

Dec 3, 2017
Does it happen only with male green thugs or blue female thugs, too?
For now, only with female thug, just after second terminal (that one you can’t hack without upgrade). Never occurred (yet) with male thugs, but I never proceed past that section (have little time to play, plus because of this bug «pacifist run» constantly failing on this section, which kills my mood to play). Also, «move the body» prompt always works first, even if theres another enemy, so you can’t stun/kill two guys in a row, but I guess, theres just no optimal way to deal with that?

Does it happen with only one point or it doesn't register any points?
To me, it's random; some are registering, some aren't, sometimes even in a row. You can’t predict which ones will work.

Sorry for broken grammar.

DarkExecutor

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
only one maybe two
Thanks for detailed bug report!
For now, only with female thug, just after second terminal (that one you can’t hack without upgrade). Never occurred (yet) with male thugs, but I never proceed past that section (have little time to play, plus because of this bug «pacifist run» constantly failing on this section, which kills my mood to play). Also, «move the body» prompt always works first, even if theres another enemy, so you can’t stun/kill two guys in a row, but I guess, theres just no optimal way to deal with that?
To me, it's random; some are registering, some aren't, sometimes even in a row. You can’t predict which ones will work.
Sorry for broken grammar.
Interesting, does the game run on your PC smoothly in general? Checking collisions for hacking mini-game was connected to each rendering frame because physics engine is not good option to check UI collisions, so this bug was detected in very rare cases. I guess I should improve that part, if it's really connected with slow render problems and collisions.
As for the prompts, currently I prioritize some actions over another not only because it's UI issue, but because it's a problem of game balance, too, stunning several guys in a row would make it too easy. I will re-check collision shape for Female Thug, maybe I will make it bigger. Also if it helps you, the password for that terminal is 123456, the password for the second terminal near the end of the level - QWERTY. They are intended to be hacked with improved Hacking upgrade that can be installed with Z-Chip near the first terminal of such level. Don't worry about your English, it's not my native language, too, so it's okay.

Aazkaal

Dec 3, 2017
make it too easy. I will re-check collision shape for Female Thug, maybe I will make it bigger. Also if it helps you, the password for that terminal is 123456, the password for the second terminal near the end of the level - QWERTY.
Terminals still can be hacked, you just need more time (at least if theres no time-limited ones), but thanks anyway. This mini-game doesn’t seems too hard, I think. This bug is more confusing, then frustrating, but better safe then sorry, small bugs can lead to big problems.

Interesting, does the game run on your PC smoothly in general?
While I usually have problems with Unity games, this one works mostly OK.

As for the prompts, currently I prioritize some actions over another not only because it's UI issue, but because it's a problem of game balance, too, stunning several guys in a row would make it too easy.
I think, when you can’t interact with actually alive and dangerous grunt and instead is forced to interact with body (which will not bother you for the time being, if at all), its feel more frustrating than actual «fair challenge». It is no so much «can’t stun two guys quickly in a row» as «can’t stun second guy at all, because body of second guy will alway «intercept» you, since they too close to each other». I guess you will not change how this works no matter what I say, its more to explain why it is so frustrating for me.

Semi Rukiya

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
Amount of content is pretty decent for a demo. I do really enjoy the game, tho, I would slightly change the appearance of characters so it would match character splash arts. Animations and story is good but the game is a little too dark. I'd like to see further content anyway. Good luck!

(There was a bug where I couldn't do anything but to reload the game when I got stuck in the air while I jumped on some edge. I didn't do ss for where it actually was tho :/ )

Snozberries

Jun 3, 2017
I think this game has a lot of potential, but the way the dialogue has been implemented really slows down the pace of the game. For one, I would much prefer the old "press button to advance dialogue" style than the auto-advance we see throughout the prologue. It often advances too slowly and I find myself pressing buttons to try to get it to hurry up. There's an option to skip the whole cutscene but I don't want to miss out, I just want it to go faster sometimes.

Then I finally get through all of that and start moving my character and BAM more dialogue and it takes forever just to tell me I can press Z to shoot. It reminds me of Zelda 64 where Navi keeps going "HEY! LISTEN!" and taking control away from you just so she can tell you what each button does in long, drawn-out sentences.

I understand I'm being nitpicky, I just think a few small changes would really help improve the flow of the game. Let the player advance dialogue quicker and/or pare down the amount of dialogue you throw at the player in the beginning and it will be 100% less tedious.

DarkExecutor

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
I guess you will not change how this works no matter what I say, its more to explain why it is so frustrating for me.
I will look into how I can change the priority of showing this stuff, but considering how many features and bug-fixes we have to implement for the next build, I don't want to promise that it will be there. Too many developers fail because of promising too much and I don't want to be on that list.
Animations and story is good but the game is a little too dark. I'd like to see further content anyway. Good luck! (There was a bug where I couldn't do anything but to reload the game when I got stuck in the air while I jumped on some edge. I didn't do ss for where it actually was tho :/ )
Thanks! Stage 1 was intended to be dark (it was semi-abandoned underground, after all), starting from the second part of Stage 2 there will be more bright locations. Yeah, a screenshot of that broken place would definitely help :)
I understand I'm being nitpicky, I just think a few small changes would really help improve the flow of the game. Let the player advance dialogue quicker and/or pare down the amount of dialogue you throw at the player in the beginning and it will be 100% less tedious.
You are not being nitpicky, this is popular request about progress of dialogues, lots of people asked me about this, it has some issues with implementation because of how inter-level cutscenes work (they work differently from Visual Novel mode or in-game cutscenes), but I already put that into the backlog for the next Agent build. So I'll see what I can do on that part.
Android port
I did some tests on Android before releasing public demo, animations run smoothly and other things run pretty good, too, but it will require lots of optimizations for 3D backgrounds. I put Android port into the roadmap for next 2 months, maybe it will be done with Stage 2, currently we are occupied with tons of other stuff to implement and fix.
photo_android_tablet.jpg

Shinn

Aug 21, 2017
I keep on getting that Mono cannot be loaded error for some reason. Please Help T.T

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes