Unity - Completed - Guns of Succubus 2 [Final] [RakuRai]

1. 3.00 star(s)

DrWeeb

Well I reviewed the first game, and this sequel only has one boss, and I barely read any of the plot because some stuff wasn't even MTL (unless it takes longer than usual for it to translate for whatever reason...)
    Anyways, I'll just give my thoughts.

Gameplay, 3/5: Same as Before...
    It's not overtly bad. You can only have 3 projectiles on screen (3 of YOURS, not bosses + yours). While it forces a more aggressive, stick close to boss so you can do more DPS it's a little bit annoying. Kind of iffy on that one.
    Rolling feels a bit slow as before, where you linger after doing the roll so it's a bit slow. But it does help prevent spamming but there can be better ways to do it, like few iFrames, but faster. Or just do a Dark Souls and have a stamina bar specifically for rolling. Either way, I hope it gets tweaked.
    There's only one boss and, on Normal, I did it first try, though I was close to failing since I didn't know what to expect. Not a bad fight.
    I don't know what the options really mean at the end, but I think the circle spares them, the x kills them. There's also no CG mode, so if you do New Game or Continue, you can't click Memories, CG mode, or Shop. Just placeholders for now.

Art, 5/5: I Like It.
    I'd say it's an improvement from before. The girls are hotter, our protag is cute, and some sequences like the introduction to the boss, and other visual aspects are nice. The menu screen could use a bit of work, and certain parts feel cheesy/low budget, like the boss selection screen. It's hard to describe but... Not the best, basically.
    Overall, I'd say it's quite a bit better than the first game, visually.

Music, 3/5: Same as Before, Sounds Stock.
    Pretty sure it's stock music. Like, it's... Okay? But stock music always has this sort of low quality vibe to it that doesn't really help usually. I mean, I know it's hard to make music and stuff but certainly there MUST be better stock music to use. It's all fine as it is, but really could be improved.

Overall, 3/5: Same, but a BIT Better.
    It's basically the same game as the first one, but some of the visual aspects have been improved. It still needs to be sanded out here and there, and to be honest, it might be almost EXACTLY the same as the first game but it's been too long. So I might change my review later on, but essentially;
    As it is, it's not really worth waiting even 5 minutes to play the game. It's one boss, and VERY little content, which is obvious since it's a v0.2. It reveals some promise, but there are beta H-Games out there that show a LOT of promise, and this isn't one of them. I predict it's going to be an average to good H-Game Bullet Hell once it's fully released.
    At least it won't be garbage like so many other games, I think...