VN - Ren'Py - H NTR Chronicles [v0.7] [Lazy Gem]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Demoness_Kiss

Reviewing v0.7
    TL;DR: Generic NTR that feels boring, the graphic is good but the characters and the overall plot along with the pace really can't save this game.

Pros
    - The graphic is very high quality, nothing bad to say, even the ugly characters(Sato) are well-defined, the dev clearly knows how to make good things
    - The choice of point of view is nice, although useless because as the husband's pov you miss most scenes...so why have it at all?
    - Keiji is a fantastic husband, too bad he is getting cucked, give my number to Keiji if he wants a good wife ;)

Cons
    - The plot is all about a lack of communication between husband and wife, everything could have been solved with a good talk. Everything else is just a package full of generic, uninspired and poorly managed clichés.
    - Erica got promised a job as a teacher in Sato's uncle's school...nothing happens about it, Erica did some sexual favour to Sato but...the focus goes elsewhere pretty fast, this is never mentioned again, this is a symptom of a lack of focus in the story if you ask me.
    - Erica's "fall from grace" is very fast, it's not bad if the story is going to be short, but she does sexual stuff pretty fast, considering how Sato literally cummed on her face by accident, that should be traumatic or disgusting, but nope, Erica feels aroused...makes little sense classic "things happens not because it makes sense, but because the writer decided so".

Conclusion
    I'm a known NTR-hater but i decided to try this one after i liked one NTR-game in the past, in a world of juices and sodas, this game is a bottle of tap water with an appealing label or a breathtaking advertisement but once you take a sip, you remember that it's still tap water. I think the dev should focus on making a more gradual development of Erica unless this is meant to be a short story and the ending of it is coming soon, but if he plans more than 10 releases about Erica(the game is called "NTR ChronicleS" not "Sato fucks Erica", so i expect AT LEAST 2-3 stories about NTR) then yes her descent to "adultery" is way too fast.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Leyn25

As a player who has played this game three times, I have to admit that this game is very attractive. And I also have a few comments and suggestions about your game.

Strong points

The plot of the game is very well built, players can see the whole process corrupting of Erica

Your renders are really beautiful, arguably the nicest of any game I've ever played

The animation is quite smooth

Weak points

The plot is meticulously built but somewhat simple, if you only focus on the NTR story among Erica, Sato and MC, the game may end soon

Renders do not depict the whole story that happens in the game, or in other words, quite few renders. That makes the gamer’s experience quite limited

Finally, some of my suggestions, hopefully can help the game become better in the future

Building the story of the wife's infidelity in detail is a very successful thing of the game. However, in the future, if it remains the same, it may be difficult to exploit further. So I think we can split the routes for Erica later. First, I call it prostitution, then in this route, Erica becomes decadent and be slave of sex. The kind of person willing to make love anywhere. Then she ‘ll try horrible things like piercing, anal, double penetration, tattoos,... Thereby, emphasizing her corruption. The second route, I call it fendom, in this route, Erica will not corrupt but become strong, decisive and talented, although addicted to sex but will not arbitrarily have sex with anyone, like a rich and powered lady.

My second idea follows on from the first one and comes from the game name chronicles (I don't know if my idea is the same as yours when naming the game). The story happens after the player has completed one of the two routes. Then we will come to the latter, temporarily called the present, in the present Erica has an affair and becomes a fendom or prostitution, and the story played in the previous part is the past is told. The purpose of this next game is the process of reclaiming the wife. And in this story I think you can let the MC bring elements like BDSM, mind break or even use drugs to reclaim Erica.

Those are all my comments and suggestions. Hope you develop this game far beyond v1.0 because after all, this is a potential and popular project.<3
  3. 4.00 star(s)

John64

Played for a little bit, but since in v0.4 there are still 129 images and 270 Mb overall size - there's not much left unseen. The main positive - is main (and only) LI model. Text and story is rather generic. Choices also don't matter much and almost nonexistent. And the main problem with "NTR game" - that is even included in the game Title! - that it is... not... an "NTR game"... :)

Let me explain: "fat dude fucking (or "entertaining with") a pretty woman" isn't enough for a game to be "NTR". It just means that a woman has weird sexual preferences. :) So, when a woman on the very first offer agrees to strip naked and to give a handjob to a random dude she met several days ago out of discontent with her current sexual life with her husband and to get some material bonuses (the probability of getting the desired job as a teacher) - it is not "NTR". It is straight and uncluttered "Сheating".

But nonetheless I enjoyed it - mostly because of the onlly positive part of the game - female model. And I would like to see where it goes. Don't want the developer to quit developing the game, buried under a ton of criticism and harsh reviews. Just keep in mind that it is not an "H Chronicles NTR", but "H Chronicles of an unsatisfied married woman thinking about fucking with different dudes because she feels like it".
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Jeycii_

Iam a guy who is easily pleased and normally gives out 4-5* reviews, but for a NTR focused game with only one main girl, i have to admit this left me pretty disappointed.

The wife looks hot. (wishing she was long long haired, traditional housewife but whatever) The student doing the "blackmailing" looked goofy enough for me to enjoy the ntr stuff, so the models and settings were pretty much set... Except for.. there was no real corruption and the "plot" is happening waaay too fast. The wife is basically opening up her legs for that dude and is disregarding her husband so fast, that it was kinda disappointing.
    I couldnt feel her trying to resist or fight against her desires and urges. She was masturbating and longing for that other guys dick night 1-2.. for a game with only one main heroine the build up should be much better, it should be much harder to make the main girl fall... she should try to stay loyal to the husband with everything she has until.. she finally submits...

You need to be able to immerse into the characters and their relationship and start to feel the pain of slowly losing your partner, because of stupid decisions etc...

For a ntr game this was somewhat disappointing ngl. Only the wife model looked good and early animations are cool also + sound was satisfying enough for early stage.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

RandyPhoenix

Good Points
    + Art style & women look good.
    + Animations are decent.

Bad Points
    - Not all sex scenes are animated.
    - We don't have a good enough variety of positions/angles for sex scenes.
    - The game has only one path, choices do not matter that much, and the game feels quite kinetic.
    - The story is quite boring, cliche, and nonsense.
    - Character writing is not good either, there is no character you can like, can take your interest, etc.
    - It has pretty short content for story & sex scenes.

For The End
    It's a pretty short game with good art and a couple of decent animations, but it's not worth spending time on it with the current rate of the game.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Pr0GamerJohnny

The word that kept coming to mind when I played this was just "Uninspired".

The flow is nearly 100% kinetic, with the only real choices being switching the pov perspective. At no point did I feel any immersion with any of the characters, very much paint by numbers; the wife does X and Y because it's the standard in this kind of setting etc.

It's difficult to describe without specific details which would be game spoilers- so if anyone is curious, try it yourself and you'll see what I mean, it will feel like a more boring version of 10 games you've already played before.

I guess the artwork is passable and the english is readable, so that prevents it from 1-star territory. Still, not much here thus far, no explicit scenes as of writing this.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

BeastMaster59

My Rating for (Demo) is:

Pros:
    + Nice Graphics
    + Easy Playing
    + No Grinding
    + Nice Story
    + No Bullshit
    + Nice Characters

Cons:
    - No Animation
    - Short

Conclusion:
    Pretty Good for version 01, not much happening yet, but at least no grinding and useless Playing.
    Graphics are Nice and the Story starts off pretty Good.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

SGod

The graphics are striking, and the narrative holds up well. However, extending it slightly could enrich the gameplay. Overall, it's a commendable 4.5 rating, especially for NTR enthusiasts who appreciate such nuances in storytelling.