H-Games with malware

epicdesing

Feb 11, 2018
Hello everyone in the community, this is my first post here, I usually only come here for the content, if you know what I mean.... I used to be someone who cared very little about security, until I began to educate myself a little more on the subject, and began to take certain practices, and I could realize that many of the games I've tried and played have Virus / Malware or at least have behavior of one, I personally use VirusTotal to analyze some files, and I have been surprised that many games have Malware behavior, either escalating system privileges, keylogger behavior, Trojan behavior, etc.. Even some of them have been directly labeled as malware (no behavior), yes, maybe they are detected because they are not digitally signed, or they are games programmed by the community and they do not care much about certain technical aspects that make the games to be taken as malware, but it still does not mean that there are malicious people who want to take advantage of the situation, in this post I will not talk about specific games or specific pages, since it is up to each person where they download them from, but I recommend you to be very careful about it, and call on developers to be more careful when programming and always calling on the good faith of each one.

I will attach some screenshots and I will hide the name of the games to avoid conflicts with the developers.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

epicdesing

Feb 11, 2018
Well, did you download them from F95zone?

So that others won't know if they may also be affected?
Most of the games are downloaded from here, some are not, but some from here and other sites are still marked as malware or suspicious.

And well, I just covered the names because I don't know if that's against the community rules, I don't want problems, I'm new here, if that's allowed I'll upload the names.

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
I'm new here
1686728292434.png :unsure:

And well, I just covered the names because I don't know if that's against the community rules, I don't want problems, I'm new here, if that's allowed I'll upload the names.
Here you can read the rules (Which you should have done long time ago, since you've been here for 5 years), you won't get problems for showing concern about malware (people might yell at you because it might be a false positive though :HideThePain:).

This is a pirate site, if a dev is putting malware into their games, it's everybody's concern. And people with more knowlege about that stuff can test it.

Reactions: epicdesing

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I used to be someone who cared very little about security, until I began to educate myself a little more on the subject, and began to take certain practices,
Adopting good practices mean nothing if you don't understand what's the goal of those practices. And your post is the perfect demonstration of this.

yes, maybe they are detected because they are not digitally signed, or they are games programmed by the community and they do not care much about certain technical aspects that make the games to be taken as malware,
This mean absolutely nothing.
Digitally signed software aren't inherently more safe. Not digitally signed software will not be discriminated by an anti-virus. And, while not totally impossible, unintentionally creating something that will act like a malware, is really exceptional, and it will not be because the guy didn't cared about some technical aspects.

I will attach some screenshots and I will hide the name of the games to avoid conflicts with the developers.
All clear false positive results.