Seeking H-JRPG/VN subgenre

newbornFl

Jul 16, 2018
Hello,i'm looking for games like Sengoku Rance,Venus Blood:Frontier, Eiyuu Senki, and more( Eushully games,etc) .

It seems that these kinds of games where the gameplay is used as a ballance medium between telling a story and giving you pieces of exposure to the story slowly,only appear every 4-5 years .

Rance and VB:F do it well,you have gameplay>event>exposure to story>text>making a 'choice> more gameplay and repeat.

Most VN are just > Text > More text > Even More Text > You've been skipping for the last 5 minutes and the text isn't over > What is this game even about?

Unlike most VN that just feed you wall of text that makes even skipping take a long time.

I don't really have the patience to read all the text,and exposure. At the moment,VB:F is doing me a great time,i have a lot of hours put into it and it's been great, the game is not overly long in it's events and story,and even though the choices are 'illusionary'' i still enjoy it.

Got any more suggestions? I know the main three are Eushully ,Alicesoft and more recently Dual Tail.