VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Hacker's Restart [v0.8 + Steam Version] [Jeheh]

1. 2.00 star(s)

TheimmortalP

This is one of those games which takes way too long to get to the point. The dialogue is pretty awkward too, and poorly paced.

Good art though. I really like the models. They're really cute.

My constructive criticism is to talk to people who also make VNS, and really know how to write great dialogue, as this certainly has promise, it just needs a good re-write, and it'd be a shame for these models to go to waste. That or collab with someone that can write dialogue really well.

Regardless of the future of this project, you're not hurting anyone with it existing, so please, keep working on it.

I wish the creator and the fanbase well, and I hope that you all get to continue to enjoy this project, as a lot of you seem to be into it.

Edit: I'm told that this project is actually complete, and from what I hear it doesn't have a decent ending, it just sorta stops. Well that sucks. Hope the writing is better for the next project.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

ReMindED

Solid 4 stars overall, the story is interesting enough, the models are good and the animations are nice aswell. Maybe could've used being a little bit longer so the story could've also been developed better and also with time to add some more scenes. Recommend the game nonetheless.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

NotJoe

As I started playing the game (with the walkthrough mod), I was really prepared to give it 4 stars. I liked the rendering quality, I liked the models themselves, I was engaged in the story, the sex scenes were good and had some teasers in the walkthrough I was looking forward to. I was even ok with the branching paths for the different women, because I'd enjoyed the sex scenes so much.

Edit: I did play the updated version and it did quite a bit to clean up the ending and the cheat was excellent. I've revised to 4 stars.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

_Utakata_

Story is not really that intresting
    Renders are good
    Needed more sex scenes
    No bugs
    you can play with sounds for sexual stuff
    ending was rushed
    Would not recommend it
    Story is so confusing and rushed ending makes it even worse
    This game should be tagged abandoned instead of complete
    This game is not complete it ends after you shoot one of the mafia guys and you decided the faith of the cop his job who was helping you and then the game ends
    No happy ending game just ends :FacePalm:
  5. 3.00 star(s)

cxx

game is somewhat nice but plot is silly and ending was quite rushed, still has some nice lewd-scenes, no big bugs.

graphics work and are nice even those aren't top end. like said story is silly but still works even with it's sillyness.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

twiztid

This is honestly the first time playing and seeing this game.
    There is a fair amount of detail, and options in this game. Not only does the game offer nice action in the sexual department, but also the choices you get to make.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2412505

Renders are decent though a bit grainy.
    Models are very beautiful and unique.
    Story is very intriguing.
    Dialogues are well structured.
    Animation is so so.

Overally a very good game. Bookmarked and keeping an eye out for this one.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

xRaul

GOODS
    Original story
    Girls looks beatiful :love:
    Good storytelling
    Animation sex scenes

BADS
    Some pictures have black dots
    Player character is idiot
    No incest! :mad:

Good game but still no incest :(
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1571716

Good game so far. It does go a bit sideways here & there. But, all in all, it's good.

Seems to only be 2 LIs at the moment. The childhood best friend Celine and a girl they just met, Leah.

So, anyway, am giving it a 4 star for now. I'll revisit this rating later down the line.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

fugazi666

this game is still in its eearly stages but i liked what i've seen a lot so far. the writing is flawless, no unnecessary walls of text, always to the point and no grammar or spelling mistakes. renders are nothing special but they are good enough and devs can always improve in that department. the backgrounds are mostly familiar from other ren'py games, except some street views. music tracks are nice and used sparingly to help with immersion. i prefer this to listening to continuous and monotonous music, or getting fed up and turning it off altogether. sound effects are successfully placed where they belong, including sex scenes. what i liked most about the game was celine though. she's the most impressive female character i have come across in adult games in a long time. she's beautiful, cute, easy-going, smart, good-mannered. definite girlfriend/wife material. thanks to zoey raven's walkthrough i'm confident i haven't missed any events or scenes with her. all in all a great game already. play it and support the dev if you can.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

BabooJ1

Basically, I like the game and the premise for the game. The developer seems to have left the love interest (LI) open for the moment and I would love to see more interaction with his childhood friend (as I honestly believe she is the main LI).

Not sure yet in which direction the developer is going with regards to LI's, i.e. a solo path or some sort of harem (if I had a choice I would prefer the latter).
  12. 4.00 star(s)

KoGa3

Sorry, I meant to do this earlier:

I found it was a good start: Story, characters and dialogues quite good, nice graphics, for a v0.1 acceptable game size. Of course not comparable to the big games out there, but so far a nice little game that has a potential in my opinion. I wait with anticipation for a hopefully soon next release.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

quinfax

Review for release v 0.1

Hackers on the run.

Story: 3/5 The story centers an MC who's computer skills have pissed off the wrong people (Rich people). He takes his best friends and moves into a new town with a surprise new roommate.

Music: N/A

Images: 3/5 Remember this is a first release. A few images are grainy and lack of clarity. Also the white text clashes with some of the images making it hard to read. Author has noted these things and will redo some images in future releases.

Girls: 4/5 Celene the best friend is cute and supportive. She's looking to change herself in this new town. Maybe to impress someone?
    Leah is the new roommate who is not shy of who she is and what she wants. (Who knew aspiring industrial engineer's dressed like that)
    There was a waitress character but not sure if she will play any parts.

Choices: 3/5 Nothing to major now since it's a first release. Though some scenes are slightly alter by a few decisions.

Sex: 3/5 Yes this release has a sexual scene.

Wish list: Future scenes with hacking in them to indicate the MC prowess. A side character or two to fill out the roster and add some diversity among the body types. Thinking a milf or athletic type. Some different ethnicity would be nice (black, asian, hispanic, etc).
    Since Leah is more open maybe make her the fulfillment of different kinks for the player to tick off her list.

Final thoughts. Not a bad start overall. Story is already different from a lot of games out there. Will be interesting to scene how hacking and computer skill will effect the story.
    I like the two main gals. Celene makes for the shy best friend that wants to impart something to MC if he wants it to go there. (It's cute how shy she gets while also trying to break out of her shell) I assume she is the slow burn character. Leah is obviously the sexual open one so she'll sate the sex part for a bit. (I quite like her freckles) I assume the game will lead to either soloing the girls or setting up for a threesome. But time will tell.

Good luck to the new dev. Take criticism well and ignore the trolls.

Excelsior