Hair Advice

WTFosaurus

Aug 11, 2018
OK, so I need hair for multiple G8F characters and I want them to look unique. Finding good hair for free seems impossible and I don't want to spend over $100 on just hair. So I'm fishing for recommendations for a hair pack that includes several different styles and hopefully materials for color.

I was recommended this asset
Has anyone used it before?

I really like this one and will probably be buying it because it fits the MC personality but that is only one or two characters.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
First bit of advice, stay away from the Voss and Jocelyn hair. They are used so often that it has become a joke.

The Dolly hair seems fine, but the only real difference I see between the options is whether you use a pony tail or bun. Don't see it as a good option for more than a single character.

Really like the Caleela hair and have it on my wishlist.

I think Out of Touch creates the most detailed hair of anyone and has some great options. Not a fan of all of the styles they have created, but you can't argue about their detail. Linday seems to be the only artist who is creating dForce hair and I recently picked up both the Classic Long straight and curly hairs at a discount. They are excellent.

The problem with hair is that to be really good it takes much more effort for a modeler to create than just an outfit, so hair is usually more expensive. All the more reason to only buy during a sale. Or if you are a PC member there are some cheap PC+ hairs available which, while not the best, are still serviceable to help you give a different style to all your ladies.

Reactions: WTFosaurus