Daz Hair Rendering Issue.

PKerchu

Jul 28, 2023
Hello guys

I hope someone can help me with this, or tell me if I did something wrong, so, I made a render of my character and noticed some "Opacity" (don't know how to call it) in the Hair that makes a portion of the head visible where it is suppossed to be covered with hair, don't know if its something to do with the Lighting or anything else.

I'm using the next Assets:

-Hair:
-Lighting:

And added 2 Spotlights, just changed the Light Geometry to "Disc" and increased the Lumen, that's all.

I'm compleately noob with DAZ...

drapak12

Jul 7, 2018
Hello guys

I hope someone can help me with this, or tell me if I did something wrong, so, I made a render of my character and noticed some "Opacity" (don't know how to call it) in the Hair that makes a portion of the head visible where it is suppossed to be covered with hair, don't know if its something to do with the Lighting or anything else.

I'm using the next Assets:

-Hair:
-Lighting:

And added 2 Spotlights, just changed the Light Geometry to "Disc" and increased the Lumen, that's all.

I'm compleately noob with DAZ...
I haven't this asset and I can guess with your render only.
I think you cannot fix it if you are "noob". You can in blender or any other modeling program create additional strands (duplicating strands, scaling and moving it inside, to obtain additional hair strands). It can be difficult. Moreover this hair look really good and problem is visible with face close up only.
I like Neftis hairs but they require a lot of memory, I do not like shaders and usually change them and most of them looks better from distance. Try outoftouch, HerYun or AprilYSH. Especially oot looks good (althought I do not like shaders and usually change it for simple PBR)

• Red Heart
Reactions: PKerchu

Pillower

May 21, 2019
Idea: Set your viewport to smooth shaded, then click on the hair asset, and on the parameters tab, right click the tab and goto Preferences -> Show Hidden Properties. Using the new sliders showing in the Parameters tab... see if you can figure out why your fitment is wrong. I would guess it has something to do with you using a unrealistic head morph and the scalp is having fitment problems. (In this case, it looks like maybe the scalp is inside the head and not outside the head in that area?)

Can't say for sure without having your scene file.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PKerchu

PKerchu

Jul 28, 2023
Idea: Set your viewport to smooth shaded, then click on the hair asset, and on the parameters tab, right click the tab and goto Preferences -> Show Hidden Properties. Using the new sliders showing in the Parameters tab... see if you can figure out why your fitment is wrong. I would guess it has something to do with you using a unrealistic head morph and the scalp is having fitment problems. (In this case, it looks like maybe the scalp is inside the head and not outside the head in that area?)

Can't say for sure without having your scene file.
The Scalp is fine, that is one of the first things I check before rendering to avoid those black lines that appear sometimes.