Hair Simulation Help

BimboRoom

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2020
Does anyone have any tips or tricks for making hair fall faster? It seems like some of my simulations are taking forever just to get the hair to fall. I've set air resistance to 10, increased stabilization time. It all seems to come out the same. Takes quite awhile to actually fall.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Does anyone have any tips or tricks for making hair fall faster? It seems like some of my simulations are taking forever just to get the hair to fall. I've set air resistance to 10, increased stabilization time. It all seems to come out the same. Takes quite awhile to actually fall.
Air resistance is doing the contrary of what you want it to do (or you mean 0.10?), iirc (force who oppose gravity).
Might try to increase gravity & lower air resistance from the default setting.

BimboRoom

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2020
Air resistance is doing the contrary of what you want it to do (or you mean 0.10?), iirc (force who oppose gravity).
Might try to increase gravity & lower air resistance from the default setting.
Yeah sorry, .1. I'll keep trying.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
is 'simulate from memorized bones' on? That could be why, though I'd recommend having that on when you want it to fall a certain way (like a girl leaning over, or tilting her head, or something of the sort.). What GPU are you using? The higher end your (Nvidia) GPU, the faster your simulation'll be.

BimboRoom

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2020
is 'simulate from memorized bones' on? That could be why, though I'd recommend having that on when you want it to fall a certain way (like a girl leaning over, or tilting her head, or something of the sort.). What GPU are you using? The higher end your (Nvidia) GPU, the faster your simulation'll be.
I'm using a 3090, but I figured it out, all of the clothes were also Dforce and colliding making it take forever to simulate 240 frames.

Reactions: MissFortune

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I'm using a 3090, but I figured it out, all of the clothes were also Dforce and colliding making it take forever to simulate 240 frames.
Oh, yeah. For sure. Doing the hair and clothes one by one is usually way quicker.