Hamlet

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
Ophelia: My lord father, please forgive me. But for what reason have you called me to thy chambers in this night?
King Claudius: Ophelia, I have a request for you.
Ophelia: I do not know what request you could make of me here in thy darkened chambers in the night.
King Claudius: I do not ask much. My manhood has been sullied in intercourse with thy wanton mother and I seek the use of thy tongue to clean it.
Ophelia: This is madness! How can you ask such an improper thing!
King Claudius: Am I not thy earthly lord? Am I not thy father? I have the right to thy earthly flesh and I ask only what is my right to ask.
Ophelia: I do not mean to defy my lord or question my familial duties, but I do not know that this is a thing that I should do.
King Claudius: If you cannot cease thy willful defiance perhaps you are not daughter of mine? Perhaps neither is Hamlet a son of mine for I know you love him deeply.
Ophelia: Please have mercy upon thy humble subject! Though perhaps I could do this thing, I do not know what will happen to me!
King Claudius: You are thy mother's daughter. I must assume you will fair just as well as she.
Ophelia: I yield, I shall clean thee my lord...
King Claudius: You shall call me father, before I sully thee.
Ophelia: Yes, father.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Ophelia: My lord father, please forgive me. But for what reason have you called me to thy chambers in this night?
King Claudius: Ophelia, I have a request for you.
Ophelia: I do not know what request you could make of me here in thy darkened chambers in the night.
King Claudius: I do not ask much. My manhood has been sullied in intercourse with thy wanton mother and I seek the use of thy tongue to clean it.
Ophelia: This is madness! How can you ask such an improper thing!
King Claudius: Am I not thy earthly lord? Am I not thy father? I have the right to thy earthly flesh and I ask only what is my right to ask.
Ophelia: I do not mean to defy my lord or question my familial duties, but I do not know that this is a thing that I should do.
King Claudius: If you cannot cease thy willful defiance perhaps you are not daughter of mine? Perhaps neither is Hamlet a son of mine for I know you love him deeply.
Ophelia: Please have mercy upon thy humble subject! Though perhaps I could do this thing, I do not know what will happen to me!
King Claudius: You are thy mother's daughter. I must assume you will fair just as well as she.
Ophelia: I yield, I shall clean thee my lord...
King Claudius: You shall call me father, before I sully thee.
Ophelia: Yes, father.
It's a... scene. Problems - if you are truly wanting to capture the relationships and the taboo therein:

Ophelia is neither the sister of Hamlet nor the daughter of Claudius and Queen Gertrude. She is the sister of Laertes, friend to Hamlet, and childhood/adolescent love of Hamlet. She is also the daughter of Polonius, the King's advisor, an old pantaloon of a fool who gives ironic advice.

Hamlet is not the biological son of Claudius, but of the "goodly" warrior King Hamlet and Queen Gertrude. Claudius killed his brother King Hamlet and married the Queen.

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
It's a... scene. Problems - if you are truly wanting to capture the relationships and the taboo therein:

Ophelia is neither the sister of Hamlet nor the daughter of Claudius and Queen Gertrude. She is the sister of Laertes, friend to Hamlet, and childhood/adolescent love of Hamlet. She is also the daughter of Polonius, the King's advisor, an old pantaloon of a fool who gives ironic advice.

Hamlet is not the biological son of Claudius, but of the "goodly" warrior King Hamlet and Queen Gertrude. Claudius killed his brother King Hamlet and married the Queen.
Perhaps you are right and the urge to assemble the entire noble household into a modern nuclear family is incorrect.
I do hope that Hamlet can get by without the title of Oni-chan.