Unity Completed Hana Exposure! A Blooming Flower~ [v1.04] [Flimsy]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

MidaHanna

Jul 2, 2017
Won't play the 0.1 following a rule i'm imposing on myself but the screenshots looks absolutely cute and the art is very nice

AurSol

Sep 14, 2018
If the idea is to mix up animated sprite and sex CG scenes this will be interesting to follow. Note that not being able to change the camera angle will be a problem really fast. Sprites looks good so far.

rulerguy6

Nov 5, 2017
Looks really good, I'm definitely interested on where this goes.

There's not much advice to give since it's an early version, but there are a couple of things to mention:

1) Having only WASD navigate in menus but WASD and arrows move kind of hurts the flow. Arrows should be able to do everything WASD does.

2) Having a button to skip text but not one to show all text feels off. If the text is going slower than I'm reading, then I have no way to show it all. Having the skip text button is good though, and a lot of game makers forget that it's really helpful. Even if you don't want me skipping text, getting caught in dialogue accidentally is a real fun killer so it's nice to have the skip.

3) It's been mentioned, but if you go with that camera angle, there should be a way to rotate the camera. This would be more work than the other two, but it's really awkward to not be able to see much of 3 directions in the game. In top-down you have equal vision on all sides, but here you only see up so when there are things to do below you it's harder to find them.

Reactions: axelaen
Mar 1, 2019
Just got done messing with the game. I do like the idea of this game, and I hope to see how it unfolds in the future.

If I had to suggest something though, I think it comes down to controls and camera. If you could perhaps add diagonal forward/rear sprites for Hana, you could then set the Q (Counter Clock) and E (Clock) keys to rotate the camera to view the environment better (Which would mean less bumbling around looking for the event markers and POI's later on in the game), then you can set F or Space Bar as the interaction/activate key (Which would still nicely leave all the controls to a single hand).

Also, perhaps add diagonal movement to make navigation a bit quicker as well.

Guess that's it for my suggestions.

Reactions: axelaen

Gallahaven't

Aug 9, 2018
This looks really nice for what you have so far! I look forward to seeing how you do lewdness in 0.2!
...That being said, I do have an issue, two really.

One, loading screens are a huge help y'know, it gives the game a better feel and gives the player something to look at while they wait rather than the eternal abyss

Two, sometimes a little bit of rotation goes a long way, being able to see the entire map by moving your mouse or Q&E would really help out, and it gives you more room to put other places to go or work!

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
There's a few comments regarding how the camera works and i do agree it can feel a bit awkward at first, I really wanted to give it an rpg maker vibe with the movement system and how you cant move the camera, the main are where the camera is a bit of an issue is the PUB where everything is behind you and as of now you have to wonder around since you cant see behind.

To address this i'm going to slightly revamp the pub for 0.2 so that it's easier to navigate, the pub was the first area built so there were a few things i didn't take into account at the time but rest assured all future POI have the camera in mind so it shouldn't really be an issue.

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
Looks very promising I hope she won't get raped by monsters like 99% of the other games on this site :) I've made a short vid here:
Wow thanks for making a video on hana's exposure, and no worries i'll be keeping everything in the vanilla range.

Looks really good, I'm definitely interested on where this goes.

There's not much advice to give since it's an early version, but there are a couple of things to mention:

1) Having only WASD navigate in menus but WASD and arrows move kind of hurts the flow. Arrows should be able to do everything WASD does.

2) Having a button to skip text but not one to show all text feels off. If the text is going slower than I'm reading, then I have no way to show it all. Having the skip text button is good though, and a lot of game makers forget that it's really helpful. Even if you don't want me skipping text, getting caught in dialogue accidentally is a real fun killer so it's nice to have the skip.

3) It's been mentioned, but if you go with that camera angle, there should be a way to rotate the camera. This would be more work than the other two, but it's really awkward to not be able to see much of 3 directions in the game. In top-down you have equal vision on all sides, but here you only see up so when there are things to do below you it's harder to find them.
1: originally 0.1 was only gonna have WASD movement but i had a bit of a window to add arrow key support for movement. 0.2 will contain many QOL improvements, one of them being more options when it comes to keys, so you'll be able to interact with Enter/Z and E instead of just E and everything that uses the WASD keys will also support keys (among other things).

2: I don't see myself adding a window that shows all dialogue anytime soon, perhaps in the future, but i will likely add a key to go back to the previous text for 0.2 .

3: Just made a post addressing that.

Thanks for the feedback!

Just got done messing with the game. I do like the idea of this game, and I hope to see how it unfolds in the future.

If I had to suggest something though, I think it comes down to controls and camera. If you could perhaps add diagonal forward/rear sprites for Hana, you could then set the Q (Counter Clock) and E (Clock) keys to rotate the camera to view the environment better (Which would mean less bumbling around looking for the event markers and POI's later on in the game), then you can set F or Space Bar as the interaction/activate key (Which would still nicely leave all the controls to a single hand).

Also, perhaps add diagonal movement to make navigation a bit quicker as well.

Guess that's it for my suggestions.
I addressed the camera stuff in a post above.

Now as for the diagonal movement, it was actually part of the game until a month ago where i got rid of it since it felt awkward having Hana move diagonally while looking forward so in order to add it i would need another 20 frames of animation for everything (clothing and body) which would chew up a bunch of time and it would get really expensive really fast, perhaps in the future.

I am gonna add sprinting for whenever you are outdoors which should speed up navigation.

This looks really nice for what you have so far! I look forward to seeing how you do lewdness in 0.2!
...That being said, I do have an issue, two really.

One, loading screens are a huge help y'know, it gives the game a better feel and gives the player something to look at while they wait rather than the eternal abyss
Never had an issue with loading but now that i know that it is i'll see what i can do to make it look better.

Reactions: DrunkMonkGar

CrazyMonkey

May 2, 2017
Not sure if anyone had this issue. I went to the inn to sleep and when I walked out after sleeping the character didn't walk down the stairs. She was floating down to the floor but then started to fall thru the floor. Not sure how I can let the creator know of this issue.

Disco-Inferno

May 9, 2017
A lot of potential here, i like where this is heading! I just only hope the dev likes pantyshots and upskirts as much as i do as the scenario seems perfect for it! In terms of feedback though I think a 90 degree camera turn should be implemented on the X axis, you can have sprites always face the camera to avoid them disappearing.

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
Linux user here, seems to run in Wine but native Linux binaries would be appreciated.

My nag list:
  1. I'm only getting maybe 10 FPS outdoors. Rendering a bunch of billboard trees can't possibly be a hardware problem.
  2. Text rendering is horribly slow, even more so since it's frame-dependent (it speeds up when there is less on-screen). I guess you want text to render at N characters per second but currently this is 1 character per N frames. "Would you like to have a brief explanation..." takes 15 seconds to display. Pressing E skips text entirely, without displaying the remaining text. Please add a fast-forward button and make text rendering time-dependent. I skipped the entire introduction since it would take over half an hour to read.
  3. Something explaining controls would be nice. Having to press E for everything is non-intuitive. Selecting options with W/S is non-intuitive. Not being able to rotate the camera causes player navigation problems (you can't see where you are going) and should at minimum be explained, or people will start pressing random buttons in vain (like I did).
  4. Billboards are rendered in creation order, not sorted by viewing distance (also highlights the problem of not being able to turn the camera). 1554393907972.png
  5. Its possible to pay multiple times for the same day at the inn.
Drawn artwork looks good and promising, game premise seems interesting.

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
what the actual fuck!?!? did anyone test this before release?! can't get out of the inn... sort of

Untitled.png

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
Not sure if anyone had this issue. I went to the inn to sleep and when I walked out after sleeping the character didn't walk down the stairs. She was floating down to the floor but then started to fall thru the floor. Not sure how I can let the creator know of this issue.
That shouldn't happen, i'll try to pin point exactly how that happened and since it's an actual game breaking bug i'll release a patch addressing it.

what the actual fuck!?!? did anyone test this before release?! can't get out of the inn... sort of
There was a lot of testing but of course some things can slip by, would you mind giving a bit more details on how that happened?

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes