Unity Completed Hana Exposure! A Blooming Flower~ [v1.04] [Flimsy]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
Linux user here, seems to run in Wine but native Linux binaries would be appreciated.

My nag list:
  1. I'm only getting maybe 10 FPS outdoors. Rendering a bunch of billboard trees can't possibly be a hardware problem.
  2. Text rendering is horribly slow, even more so since it's frame-dependent (it speeds up when there is less on-screen). I guess you want text to render at N characters per second but currently this is 1 character per N frames. "Would you like to have a brief explanation..." takes 15 seconds to display. Pressing E skips text entirely, without displaying the remaining text. Please add a fast-forward button and make text rendering time-dependent. I skipped the entire introduction since it would take over half an hour to read.
  3. Something explaining controls would be nice. Having to press E for everything is non-intuitive. Selecting options with W/S is non-intuitive. Not being able to rotate the camera causes player navigation problems (you can't see where you are going) and should at minimum be explained, or people will start pressing random buttons in vain (like I did).
  4. Billboards are rendered in creation order, not sorted by viewing distance (also highlights the problem of not being able to turn the camera). View attachment 275580
  5. Its possible to pay multiple times for the same day at the inn.
Drawn artwork looks good and promising, game premise seems interesting.

Really appreciate the feedback.

1. I'm not 100% sure of what could be the cause but i will look into it.

2. I'm working on a fix for it.

3. I'm currently adding more key support, the controls are explained with the introduction guy in front of the spawn.

4. Creation order isn't the issue, they are sprites so they have an order in layer. That last event was moved prior to release so i forgot to take into consideration the order in layer of the npc behind it.

I apologize for all of the bugs, i'll be uploading a patch later with a fix to some of those issues.

picobyte

Oct 20, 2017
Do like the start but had the same issue walking out the in without pressing E.

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
There was a lot of testing but of course some things can slip by, would you mind giving a bit more details on how that happened?
Went to sleep, when I exit the room I didn't go down the stairs but continued to move at the same level. When I went back I went this far outside the map (could go probably more). Also you can notice in the image the vertical level is low because I actually go down while moving, not a lot though. I tried to exit the inn at the same level as the floor but missed and couldn't go back in because I was lower than the floor at that point.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
I had the same thing happen with the inn. It seems the character bugged out when going down the stairs and i started floating and the door didn't actually stop me when i tried to get to it and leave. I was slowly descending though so I eventually got to a point below the floor (outside the actual room) and then was truly stuck.

The game seems like it has a ton of potential: cute protag, nothing egregiously bad about the controls (taking into account your camera discussion from earlier), and as much as I like the harder stuff, a game focusing on fluffy/happy exposure and sex is nice once in a while. Depending on your first update I may subscribe to your Patreon, but I have been burned a few times and at this point I need to see work ethic before I give.

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
Went to sleep, when I exit the room I didn't go down the stairs but continued to move at the same level. When I went back I went this far outside the map (could go probably more). Also you can notice in the image the vertical level is low because I actually go down while moving, not a lot though. I tried to exit the inn at the same level as the floor but missed and couldn't go back in because I was lower than the floor at that point.
My best guess would be that the function that pushes you down for some reason wasn't kicking in as often as it should have, perhaps due to framerate.

I just released v0.11 which should fix that issue among a few others so feel free to check it out and let me know if you still have that issue.

Do like the start but had the same issue walking out the in without pressing E.
Unfortunately in v0.1 you could only interact with E so i just released v0.11 with support for more keys with Enter and Z now being an option, check out the changelog for more details.

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
I had the same thing happen with the inn. It seems the character bugged out when going down the stairs and i started floating and the door didn't actually stop me when i tried to get to it and leave. I was slowly descending though so I eventually got to a point below the floor (outside the actual room) and then was truly stuck.
Fixed in v0.11

The game seems like it has a ton of potential: cute protag, nothing egregiously bad about the controls (taking into account your camera discussion from earlier), and as much as I like the harder stuff, a game focusing on fluffy/happy exposure and sex is nice once in a while. Depending on your first update I may subscribe to your Patreon, but I have been burned a few times and at this point I need to see work ethic before I give.
Yeah i agree, can't really trust me with just a first release so i have to earn everyone's trust. The first content update should land by the end of april or mid may.

jknarbin

May 13, 2017
Looks really good so far!

I did encounter one problem: Whenever I was indoors, move speed dropped off significantly. It took upward of a minute to walk from the front door of the tavern to the guy behind the counter.

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
I did encounter one problem: Whenever I was indoors, move speed dropped off significantly. It took upward of a minute to walk from the front door of the tavern to the guy behind the counter.
That shouldn't happen, is it only in the PUB or does it also happen in the Inn?

lewdman03

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2018
hey I think I asked on patreon but I'm here more often

do you have plans for an Android port?

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
hey I think I asked on patreon but I'm here more often

do you have plans for an Android port?
-copied from patreon-
I do have some plans for an android port but it won't be happening anytime soon since managing 2 versions this early on would end up taking up too much time in the long run.

lewdman03

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2018
-copied from patreon-
I do have some plans for an android port but it won't be happening anytime soon since managing 2 versions this early on would end up taking up too much time in the long run.
ok thanks for answering, when do you believe you shall?
when you do I shall share this to a ldiscord serve rof friends who all use moblie and as it is now I'll share it to a discord server of people who love Humiliation

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
ok thanks for answering, when do you believe you shall?
when you do I shall share this to a ldiscord serve rof friends who all use moblie and as it is now I'll share it to a discord server of people who love Humiliation
the TL;DR is that it probably won't come before 0.5~

In case anyone is curious as to why it won't come earlier here is the long explanation.

This is built in unity so porting it to android will be a bit more complicated when comparing it to an rpgm or renpy port since games done with those engines are usually not demanding so porting them is pretty simple but in the case of unity games are a lot more demanding so to avoid any potential issues caused by frame-rate in the android port i will have to downgrade a lot of things and find that sweet spot where the game runs smoothly and looks good.
There are also some things that aren't compatible with android (mostly lighting stuff) which will have to be replaced with things that are compatible with android, making all of those adjustments will take quite a bit of time so i really don't see me making an android port until 0.5~ or later because by that time most performance related issues should be solved, making an android port a lot easier.

AzzyAzgol

Game Developer
Mar 13, 2019
Wow another ENF game in 2019! I'm also making one which is also in the early development period but when i tested this out I'm blown away by the style. I am really loving the 3d 2d crossover. Can't wait to see where this goes!

lewdman03

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2018
the TL;DR is that it probably won't come before 0.5~

In case anyone is curious as to why it won't come earlier here is the long explanation.

This is built in unity so porting it to android will be a bit more complicated when comparing it to an rpgm or renpy port since games done with those engines are usually not demanding so porting them is pretty simple but in the case of unity games are a lot more demanding so to avoid any potential issues caused by frame-rate in the android port i will have to downgrade a lot of things and find that sweet spot where the game runs smoothly and looks good.
There are also some things that aren't compatible with android (mostly lighting stuff) which will have to be replaced with things that are compatible with android, making all of those adjustments will take quite a bit of time so i really don't see me making an android port until 0.5~ or later because by that time most performance related issues should be solved, making an android port a lot easier.
understood, though I would not mind a lazzy buggy port for testing out but I understand what your saying

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
Wow another ENF game in 2019! I'm also making one which is also in the early development period but when i tested this out I'm blown away by the style. I am really loving the 3d 2d crossover. Can't wait to see where this goes!
the 2d and 3d crossover has a few complications but it definitely pays off.
I actually played your game a few days ago and even though i'm not a huge fan of games with a big focus on text i did thoroughly enjoy what it had so far so keep it up!

understood, though I would not mind a lazzy buggy port for testing out but I understand what your saying
A buggy test version will definitely come out far earlier to polish all the android kinks so that the main release is as stable as possible but that's still a few releases away from happening.

lewdman03

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2018
the 2d and 3d crossover has a few complications but it definitely pays off.
I actually played your game a few days ago and even though i'm not a huge fan of games with a big focus on text i did thoroughly enjoy what it had so far so keep it up!

A buggy test version will definitely come out far earlier to polish all the android kinks so that the main release is as stable as possible but that's still a few releases away from happening.
ok and thanks about want you said about our game! I'll keep you up to date

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes