VN - Ren'Py - Hardenville [v0.1.2] [JoyFI Games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

ObsessivelyAroused

Short summary:

This one is a nice game on the renders alone. Worth checking out and following on the progress. The story is disappointing though due to the unbelievability of the character’s actions, which is a shame, as the other aspects of the game are not bad.

Good Things

• Models are mostly good and realistic
    • Good work with lighting, post-production
    • Some beautiful scenes
    • The overall level of quality and polish for the early release

Bad points

• On-the-nose dialogue
    • Character actions make no sense (e.g. right at the start you stumble upon a girl jerking off in the public toilet, who sucks you off through a gloryhole for no reason, and your cousin walks in and joins. All with no setup, choices, or explanation. Ridiculous)
    • Forced peeing on the girl
  2. 5.00 star(s)

jeffy69

Solid start. The second prologue I've played today and this JoyFI does everything the other one failed to do to grab my attention and anticipation for the next update. Light-hearted and funny, likeable MC and secondary characters.
    Liked the pianist slip at the start just would've liked if she didn't notice for a while, thought this might be the only tease but boy was I wrong.
    Nice attention to detail with the text message history, including a "accidental" pic.
    Never thought I'd see an accidental gloryhole but it really paid off well.
    Personally I would've gone after the pianist later on but I guess the MC had a existing relationship to pursue at the beach. Hope to see more of that pianist though...
    Great start, look forward to episode one, anyone who would rate this less than 5 stars is a, well, you know the word.
    This is how you get backers for your game, to the other prologue I've already forgotten.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

jhonatanw

The game has an interesting story, apart from the fact that the protagonist has a lazy attitude :LOL::LOL: for what it's worth, great renderings, the music is very good, the girls' models are very good, I thought there would be sex before chapter 1 but that will be for the next time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: the way the protagonist is precocious in that last scene, plus Emma giving the poor guy her ass like that, it's difficult :LOL:, let's see how the story will unfold from now on.

Congratulations to the developer and good luck with your project (y)
    Please don't abandon
  4. 2.00 star(s)

PrivilegedCholo

Hardenville Review

Its hardly a playable game at this stage. You could clear it in less than 5 mins. Depending on how future updates go, this game is either a trending main stay or it would be semi abandoned.

Renders are good like "The Grey Dream". However both games suffer from the same thing and that is the younger girls in the game all look the same with different hair assets. You have no idea which blonde you're speaking to half the time.

Overall its hard to even rate something this miniscule at the moment. It has potential but as I've stated before many times Devs need to put everything into first releases. It is your chance to Strike out.

This would be a 1/5 if it weren't for its amazing UI design, menu and audio. Once this game actually makes progress a proper review will be added.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Penkovsky

Story: Still too early it is not really fair to rate
    Render: 5/5
    Gameplay:4/5 (Simple AVN game, with a GOOD PHONE RENDER HOLY)
    Girls: 4/5 (The Dev love freckles :D)
    Potential: 10/5

with a render this good this will take too much time for each episode unless the dev got backup, and yes its still early in terms of development but I really like it so far it has so much potential to be really good AVN.

Congrats on the game and good luck for the dev.
    I cant wait for the version 1.0.0

(y)
  6. 5.00 star(s)

AleXiC94

Absolutely gorgeous models so far, very little content in the game for now but hopefully dev delivers updates consistently. Love the menu design, UI is looking amazing. Very promising, definitely watching this one closely.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

primeumaton

v0.1.2.

This is one of those games that tries so hard to be high quality that it ends up with little more than good renders.

It has a decent setting and some good sex situations that are slightly humorous.

The game feels slow as it has transitions an such that cause delay or slow changes a lot of these higher quality games tend to have.
    And no, it isn't my pc. And if it, then this is worse than a top game these days.

I liked that incest was a setting choice.
    I dislike that it wasn't *A* setting choice. It was a pain in the ass to find, and a pain to change everything. That was a massive mood killer and a nuisance.
    Just make it an option. Or at least explain how to find it better, something.
    The amount fo content was actually low due to the amount of story movement it made. Individual frames it was decent in number but not in story.

Overall 3/5 enjoyment.
    I might look at it in the future. Maybe when it is done.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

TheDimitri

Game has really good UI, music ain't bad either and some spicy content even though it is just in a prologue phase, can't wait for future releases. I hope it doesn't gets abandoned after prologue as the content and story seems promising so far.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Tauro Thurius

Hardenville [v0.1.0] Review by Tauro Thurius

Here's my take on version 0.1.0:

This will be the next big title. Mark my words. The whole game design is CRISP and you're welcomed by a well designed main menu. You can tell this will be a hit by the amount of love and labor given to the little details which makes a great game.​
    The MC is very lovable. He looks quite cute and although he's an introvert ( as he himself stated in the game ), he's not a weirdo. The prologue takes place in a wedding which is the perfect setting to introduce important character. I really enjoyed the creativity here.​
    All of the renders are AWESOME. Even the supporting characters are extremely detailed. Even the priest has been worked on. It really proves the fact that this title is and will be the labor of love. It's really a fresh experience.​
    MUSIC IS TO DIE FOR. This game has a great playlist and all of the tunes perfectly fit the situations. I especially enjoyed the trap music at the end of the prologue. ( I won't spoil it. :D )​
    All I suggest to the dev is never write "OMG" when you're simulating a dialogue between two people. We don't say OMG but rather say "Oh my God." This is acceptable when they are texting. I'm sure we won't see any of those in the future.​
    I'm in love with this title. Keep up the good work, dev.​

5 out of 5 stars​
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Lastik_av

Very promising game with good visuals, decent plot for initial release, good music and audio, well made HUD not just regular Ren'Py one, and overally well made. Hope this game doesnt get abandoned , it can have great potential
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 4671174

The visuals are amazing, this game is extremely promising. The models are amazing and I hope there will be no NTR. Please try to include the Harem route if possible. Heck, forget all this,
    Request to Dev
    please.....please,......please
    Complete this game don't abandon it.