Harem Fighters - Development Thread

First Campaign?

• SHU

• WEI

• WU

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shadow Song

Feb 5, 2018
Hello, I am a lurker here on F95 and am unsure if this is the right place to post.
I have decided to make my own game parodying the Dynasty Warriors series since there literally are zero to my knowledge. I have a small degree in Computer Science but to be honest was never
the best when it came to programming.

I plan on using TWINE since it seems to be easier to program and use than UNITY. Not to attack unity, its more due to my own inexperience.
I am currently looking into getting a single artist/animator to aid me in this (off of F95). My main concern is getting started to be honest and I wanted some opinions from
people.

First off my plan for first release is to have the main game finished. So there will be a beginning and an end. With the main game out of the way updates would consist of side missions, art and character updates.

I don't have a particular number of character I want present but if you know the series it seems more prudent to split the game up into 4 or 5 separate campaigns. SHU WU WEI CUSTOM and maybe JIN.

The first campaign will be say SHU so the characters for the most part will be SHU characters with maybe 1 female enemy character from the other two factions. The other factions for story purposes will have a few officers present.

Here is where I need opinions and advice.
1. I plan on have animations for fighting and NSFW I understand TWINE has no issues with these as long as they are GIFS correct? The animator I am aiming to work with uses 3D models on a 2D plane similar to side scrollers.
2. Should I have every campaign be the same time period just from different POV and different characters or should each campaign be completely different? If the same, obviously I will make different battles/missions/characters with other campaign characters making appearances. If different then I will not have characters make different campaign appearances and may or may not reuse battles/missions here and there.
3. The Main Goal of each Campaign is to "Unite" China and with the obvious Harem Tag I plan to make it possible to get multiple endings at least 3 with one being the obvious game over. I am only planning M/F content simply because I don't think I can afford to have commissions for M/M and F/F content on top of it all, maybe in the future such as the CUSTOM or JIN campaign. What other tags/content should be included or you would like to see?
4. Anything to add?