Harem games: How many girls are too many girls?

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
If you play harem games like I do, you probably noticed that you can find three types of games:

1) Those games with 40 girls where you have like two H-scene with each girl at most and not so much story development.
2) Those games with 4-5 girls at most, when you know every single detail of her and you already did every pose in the Kamasutra with each girl. Twice.
3) Those games in the middle.

Thing is, some player wants "more harem" than those 4-5 girls and some player wants less girls and spend more time with each girl. The option 1) works better for those game going for the quick fap and the option 2) works better for games who try to develop a story and characters.

So the question is, having in mind both things and trying to make a balance, how many girls do you think are the right amount of girls for a harem game?

Last edited:
Reactions: hakarlman

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
Assuming the goal is broad appeal, I'd say enough to hit the major varieties (body type, age range, etc) without forgetting anyone's name, maybe around 10 or so.

Deleted member 229118

Oct 3, 2017
As many as you can make interesting.

I perfer variety in my harem after all.

I say the ideal is 4 to 6.
Good writter's can make up to 20 memorable before it becomes to much.
Tho anything higher then 10 require extreemly memorable charaters before i start asking:
Who are you again?

Oct 19, 2017
Well i guess if you play a harem Game you want every Girl to react different... If you got about 50 Models and the same results on an specific action its bullshit! If you get 50 Models and 50 different results its awesome. Also if you got 50 Models and 25 different reaction its still nice. It depends on the Game and the kind of how you play it.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I think you're talking about games with completely different goals if there's that much of a variation. If there's 40-50 girls you're probably playing a brothel sim or something and an in depth story is probably not really the point. It's more of a management game with some sex scenes thrown in.

For a game focusing on story and relationships I think it's more of a breakdown between whether you're setting it up as a long term relationship or just a hookup. Even people in open relationships or multiple wives are probably not going to have more than 2 or 3 girls that they really consider themselves to be in a relationship with. They might be fucking 20 girls but most of those are just fuck buddies. There are probably some cases of people with 10 wives or whatever but that is more likely a case where the women don't really have much choice in the matter, they're closer to slaves than wives.

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
I think you're talking about games with completely different goals if there's that much of a variation. If there's 40-50 girls you're probably playing a brothel sim or something and an in depth story is probably not really the point. It's more of a management game with some sex scenes thrown in.
I know they are completely different things, that's why I'm asking how many girls would be right amount to balance those things. That's the whole question.

I never played a brothel sim or anything related. I said 40-50 just to say a number but SolvalleySchool isn't a brothel sim and you have 46 girls, some of them have a pretty good and decent amount and quality of development and some of them only has 2 h-scenes and that's it. I wasn't really thinking about having lots of girl like you were managing or they didn't have the choice to walk out, I was talking about games were you are with a girl and the girl is with you just because you both want to be with each other (then, how romantic/important/deep is that relationship is a discussion for another day).

kytee

Dec 17, 2018
How many girls are too many? One more than the number of girls I want to fap to. :LOL:

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
For me it all depends on the game or how I feel for example
Artificial Girl 3 sometimes I play with 3, 4 or 5 girls
Artificial Academy 2 sometimes I play with 24, 18 or 12 girls
Honey Select sometimes I play with 6 or 13 girls
Koikatu 20 or 30 girls

HarveyD

Oct 15, 2017
I think rather than quantity, or even quality, I'd rather see finished stories/arcs. I'd much rather you put one complete girl and her story into a game, then a second, then a third. Rather than you introducing me to five, letting me peek on three of those, then giving me a handjob from a different three, then you add four more girls.

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
Era games (eratoho k and tw in this case) have many girls, hundreds even. There are the base known ones and then the randomly generated that keep on coming. And you can't help but enable character death in the settings because there's too damn many of them. If your PC is strong enough, you can breed a whole new Earth in terms of population. And yet... you still wanna fuck them all.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
Well, 3 is kind of a minimum, right? Past about a dozen or so the player will struggle to remember who is who. But you could have a game with "core" harem of up to a dozen or so women, and then have an outer circle of women who aren't formally in the harem, but with whom the MC has had sexual relations and can do so again as they wish. I mean, some games have a main character having sex 5 or more times a day. That's enough to have sex with 12 women 8 times each per month, and still sleep with up to 50 more women at least once a month.
If you had a random character generator, I suppose face recognition fails around the 10,000th partner, if not earlier. Plus, even if you slept with 20 different women a day, it would take a year and a half just to sleep with 10,000 women! At least Wilt Chamberlain needed over 20 years to pull that off.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Once you get past a certain point they're not really relationships anymore. They're booty calls. They may like you but more than likely in a RL scenario that girl has 3 or 4 other guys she's banging as well. You're just 1 of her fuck sticks. She doesn't love you. She doesn't want to go on a romantic date with you or something. She wants to call you at like 10pm and say "hey, I'm horny, get over here and fuck me til I can't walk anymore..."

Lunas

Jun 4, 2018
Humm I would say 7-10 is the magic number one for each day of the week with 3 spare to either join in or pinch hit for a girl. Any more than 30 gets into scheduling issues keep in mind in. Harem you have 3 things to worry about pregnancy, yandere and getting bored with a girl. Pregnancy is an inevitability need to plan for and around the harem getting preg. Yandere are possessive and can self destruct you the harem or anyone in between you and her.

Reactions: sexypeanut

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
For me, around 5 seems pretty good. Any more and you start limiting how screentime each girl can have. Any less than that and you limit your options about types of girls available to the player.

Dreams of Desire, Man of the house, Milfy City, Acting Lessons, ect. All games with around 5 main girls to court, and maybe a couple of side girls. In my eyes its pretty much the perfect middleground.

Reactions: HandofVecna

kristijanEX

May 25, 2020
Give me as many girls as possible, give me 100, I won't complain. So far, I've seen more harem games with 5 or less girls than ones with 40, even the GOATs of the scene like Waifu Academy doesn't have 40, Solvalley School might come either close to that number or is somewhere there.

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
You can never have too many! They are all MINE!!! Unless I need to pimp them out to acquire political or socio-economic influence, then I play 3d chess slowly getting my girls to re-allocate the money, power, influence etc to me from the guy until I recall the girl. Rinse and repeat. Wish there was a game like that, I really do.