goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Think of the offspring of a Drow and Human as a Mule or Liger. They're close enough to breed, but far enough that they shouldn't.

Birth control has gotten better, but people still use condoms.

Sex between a Drow and a Human is not forbidden (because they're slaves), but impregnating one is.

All Elves can breed with each other just fine. A Half Dark Elf / Half Drow would literally be blinded by any light (assuming it's a male, male Dark Elves have adapted better night vision for hunting at night, Drow have intense Dark Vision and rarely eat (and stay petite) because they live in dark caves). If this offspring between a Dark Elf and Drow were Male, they would have Black Eyes (instead of white) and Red Pupils.

Genes strength follows as such: Drow > Dark Elf > High Elf > Common Elf > Human. So the offspring would always develop features of the strongest gene they inherit.
If birth control isn't 100%, how can someone guarantee that he won't impregnate his drow chick?

And what about male drow with female humans? Are their kids in a bad way too? Would the woman get in trouble with the law if she got knocked up by her male drow slave?

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
If birth control isn't 100%, how can someone guarantee that he won't impregnate his drow chick?

And what about male drow with female humans? Are their kids in a bad way too? Would the woman get in trouble with the law if she got knocked up by her male drow slave?
Condoms, or pulling out would prevent births. Sure, you can cum inside, but there's always a chance.

Yes, all Drow and Human offsprings would be physically disabled. The only difference that would happen depending on which sex you impregnate would be from Dark Elves.

Genetics from a Male Dark Elf could result in grey eyes (as opposed to white) and Purple pupils (higher chance then Female, still small) or pink pupils. Genetics from a Female Dark Elf result in Pink pipils (very high chance) or Purple pupils (very low chance).

Genetics from a Common Elf result in a "Dirty" face with freckles and gold/yellow/amber eyes, "Dirty" (Black) hair and pale skin.

Genetics from a High Elf would result in Light Blue pupils, and pale skin. (Most if not all high Elves have light hair, but it doesn't effect the chance of offspring developing light hair. Just equal as any two human hair colors)

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Condoms, or pulling out would prevent births. Sure, you can cum inside, but there's always a chance.

Yes, all Drow and Human offsprings would be physically disabled. The only difference that would happen depending on which sex you impregnate would be from Dark Elves.

Genetics from a Male Dark Elf could result in grey eyes (as opposed to white) and Purple pupils (higher chance then Female, still small) or pink eyes (lower chance than Female). Genetics from a Female Dark Elf result in Pink pipils (very high chance) or Purple pupils (very low chance).

Genetics from a Common Elf result in a "Dirty" face with freckles and gold/yellow/amber eyes, "Dirty" (Black) hair and pale skin.

Genetics from a High Elf would result in Light Blue pupils, and pale skin.
But...condoms are not 100%, and pulling out is not an effective method of birth control.

Condoms are about 85% effective - 15 out of 100 people using condoms as their only birth control will get pregnant.

The pullout method is about 78% effective - 22 out of 100 people using it as their only birth control will get pregnant.

Having regular sex with no birth control gives an 86% chance to get pregnant in a given year, given a 15% chance per month. It's statistically 15-25%; on the higher end if you have sex while the woman is ovulating, dropping down very low if you don't.

These numbers are on average over a large population, and no indication of what will happen in an individual case.

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
Condoms are about 85% effective - 15 out of 100 people using condoms as their only birth control will get pregnant.
To be fair, if I remember correctly, a lot of that has to do with people using condoms incorrectly, such as sizing them wrong or putting them on wrong. Even when used correctly they have a non-zero failure rate, though.

Reactions: TheDevian

Azazeres

Feb 8, 2018
Runey, are you using a specific (existing) lore for your worldbuilding, or are you pulling a Tolkien?

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
The game will be getting at minimum 13 main characters if I'm able to do everything I want. I don't know who those characters are yet, but they'll be coming. Maybe even after Lin, Kali, Ashley, and Maria's stories are completed (so I don't spread myself thin).

A new character is coming regardless, and this one has a good design and backstory. And potential for a good story in the future if I'm able to think of one.

Girls I add to HH seem to be broken in some way or another, hers is just physical.
Have to say that I fully like this direction. One of the first VNs I really got involved in was Katawa Shoujo, and there was always an interesting back story and progression for each of them. A broken girl is a gem in the rough...

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018
You may be confusing Dark Elf with Drow. Ann is a Dark Elf (Dark skin color) Drows have light purple skin color and white hair.

Ashley is about 6% Dark Elf (You can see it in her eye color), one of her parents is 12.5% Dark Elf, so it's fairly reasonable to assume skin color would change at at least 25% (This is all fictional, I'm essentially creating my own rules, I'm not a biologist.)
I love all the thought you've put into this world. Out of curiosity any chance of us leaving the Hotel and exploring the world at large?

ImJustLine

Mar 15, 2019
2 days left until the build is released. Finally I will be able to go back to play (and start a new save to be sure it won't corrupt anything). If I can, however, for the next update I will try to join the patreon :D

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
But...condoms are not 100%, and pulling out is not an effective method of birth control.

The pullout method is about 78% effective - 22 out of 100 people using it as their only birth control will get pregnant.

Having regular sex with no birth control gives an 86% chance to get pregnant in a given year, given a 15% chance per month. It's statistically 15-25%; on the higher end if you have sex while the woman is ovulating, dropping down very low if you don't.

These numbers are on average over a large population, and no indication of what will happen in an individual case.
To be fair, half elves are generally forbidden anyway. I don't know if runey is referring to a much stronger rule/penalty, but yeah, the humans don't even recognize half elves, they have no rights if they are born, etc. Assholes wouldn't want to breed drow just because their children would be useless, and good people wouldn't want to doom their offspring, so it's just, they take care and abort if necessary. It's not that hard to parse. And obviously, since there are several girls in the hotel with pink/purple eyes, it's safe to say that the taboo isn't thaaat strict.

Reactions: TheDevian

sf_dom

Jun 11, 2018
Since the discord has been going crazy over a girl in a wheelchair (partly fueled by me) I decided to make this chracter.

Whether or not she'll be in game, I don't know. I have no plans for her.
I love the design (and the glasses), but I'm really not into the drow backstory or disability angle. I would also caution against including a disabled character in a fashion where they're set up to be cared for and fetishized. Even if that isn't your specific intent here, that's probably going to be the perception. That's quite likely to attract a certain amount of antipathy from the disabled community.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I love the design (and the glasses), but I'm really not into the drow backstory or disability angle. I would also caution against including a disabled character in a fashion where they're set up to be cared for and fetishized. Even if that isn't your specific intent here, that's probably going to be the perception. That's quite likely to attract a certain amount of antipathy from the disabled community.
Well, nobody from the LGBT community has knocked on my door about Maria. Someone from the discord who also has a problem with his legs was excited about the character.

This girl prefers doing things herself. She's trying to fight fate to walk, even if it is for half an hour. She needs to fight it, along with her medicine's aid. She doesn't like being picked up, but she finds an intimacy in it that she tries her best to ignore. She's already decided against a relationship.

She secretly despises her birth, not because she's disabled, but because she was never given a chance. Someone she never knew decided she would exist when they had sex with a drow. Someone decided to doom a man to 30 years of never seeing or walking before he died. It wasn't unfortunate, it was deliberate. And she doesn't want to do that to her child, so she doesn't want one.

4.70 star(s) 442 Votes