Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Hi I just played pre release 2. First Id like to appreciate Runey and all the new content he put in. Really nice work as always. Second I experienced the same bug about entering kaili's room and being transported to the first floor again as well as some typos such as lin's choices when shes in the kitchen after u think of eating something since she improved her cooking skill.(instead of saying lin should just cook him something it says ashley) and one of the options having a @ symbol when there shouldnt be. Thirdly, I cant wait for public release so I can comment on some of the new events that happend in the 7.0 version! vlots of stuff to discuss or talk about :)
Thank you!

Kali bug has been fixed for public release.

In Lin's kitchen scene, I assume you mean "Kali" instead of "Ashley". One option is "Can you cook me something, Kali?" or something. That's a joke.

@ symbol has been fixed, thanks.

Azazeres

Feb 8, 2018
do not wanna restart..this game is HUGE..do not want to play pre-release when Runey has told us time after time they are buggy AF...so i patiently wait..drinking a cuppa English Breakfast tea(damn store was out of Yorkshire Gold..the fuckers!!!) knowing i'll be rewarded with a properly working harem :p
only bugs in the prerelease, from what i've seen, are content breaking, no save breakage here.

Hentaibob

Aug 6, 2017
Worked on something in my spare time. Any thoughts?
I like them both, but the fade needs some massaging...

Watching it on loop, having the corners gray, instead of black makes them stand out at the very start, and the illumination of the building looks like it went "Okay, smooth slide from zero to 60%", and then just says "wow, this is tedious, 80%, then 100%"

Also, something that might be....cute, I guess?... put an external light by the door that turns off when the day brightens... maybe have room windows randomly lit at the start... place looks more abandoned, than "Hotel"

Another thought would be if Ren'Py supports compositing images, you could have the background, and then randomly swap the Day# transitions around... fade in, slide over, slide up, drop down, whatever... I'm working on the assumption that would be layered, so you could attach "Day" and the appropriate digits to the black bar, and then move the resulting object around... rather than having to pre-render everything.. [shudder]

Regardless, you've got to love the inconsequential "palate cleansers" when programming.

Hentaibob

Aug 6, 2017
The final bits of the fade-in still feel "jarring".... I don't know if it's a lack of frame steps, but that "pop" to black feels noticeable..

I think it was the bright bits on the trees suddenly being obscured... I actually had to slow the animation down to check you weren't "unrolling" the edges of the banner... those two sections just seemed to "appear", rather than fade in.

That said, what about "cheating?"

Just skip the final hops to 100% on the banner... still draws the eye...

Corner blacks are looking good though, I also dig the color highlights on the edges.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Runey

Some thoughts on v7...

Moon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Kali:

Android (aka "Dors Venabili"):

Maria:

Lin:

Ashley/Felicity/Emma/Autumn:

Kate:

Sylvia/Nia/Ann/Sanctuary:

Other thoughts:

4.70 star(s) 442 Votes