Aldiele

Aug 10, 2017
everyone says just wait for free release, it will be bug free, but you guys are overestimating the bugs on pre release, lol. If anything, theres only minor bugs that don't break the game in any way and doesn't lock you out of doing or seeing anything.

Reactions: Leingod and Runey

ItaYoro

Jul 6, 2017
can someone either post or dm me the link to the pre-release? I really don't care about bugs, even if they're game breaking

DioDanika

Oct 4, 2017
yay, two separate downloads to combine from slow file servers that each take ~9 hours. Woop. Don't care, still doing it.

HowlsCastle

Mar 21, 2018
Negative. They have a newly uploaded one today of pre-release, marked as such.
I know the page is CALLED Pre Release 2. But if you look at the URL when you are on the page, it says harem-hotel-version-07-beta-5. Also as previously mentioned the file size is the exact same as Beta 5, 3350MB.

Try it if you want. I hope it's legit, but seems fishy to me.

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
As much as that saddens me, I still won't use their service (even if it was legit)... ...I was flirting with the idea of playing the pre-release 2 expecting that it'd be "mostly done, just polishing stuff, small swarm proofreading, etc.), but since it seems like that this isn't the case and thus won't be a thing here as well, waiting another week won't kill me... ...I hope...

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
everyone says just wait for free release, it will be bug free, but you guys are overestimating the bugs on pre release, lol. If anything, theres only minor bugs that don't break the game in any way and doesn't lock you out of doing or seeing anything.
Maybe so, but it never hurts to be cautious especially when the warning comes directly from the game author. Besides, it doesn't take much for someone to scream about a bug they found no matter how "minor" it may seem to others.

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
Go ahead and try the "pre-release 2" if that's what you want. Having tried links at SVS before, I know it's hit or miss since they often grab their links elsewhere and who knows how honest/legit that source is?? Just an fyi... there are uploaders there who are known to post older versions on the first hint of an update.
But I must point to numerous posts in this thread that number in the hundreds detailing how Runey drips extra content into each bugfix so every single bugfix does NOT have the content of the final release. These posts are verified by Runey, those who downloaded the tests, bugfixes, and the final versions. I'm warning you.. VERIFIED. So the only way to get all the content of the final release is to download all 3.5+gb of the final release ALL OVER AGAIN even if you downloaded the previous test version.
Your call, guys. You can waste 18 hours with a chance of interruption or using a debrid only to do it again once it is released OR you can wait and save yourself the time, bandwidth and bitching about lack of content/bugs that WILL BE IGNORED.
Like I keep saying, it's your call. But when I see people foaming at the mouth trying to download the bugfixes when there's post after post right before that warning about the same thing I am, I don't think they can read or understand simple posts. So you know, I won't be inclined to help you in that case. Juuuust sayin'

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
That's not what they developer has related on multiple occasions, but I'm sure he doesn't know what he's talking about so thanks for the advice!

spatc

Jul 8, 2018
I just signed up to Patreon and pledged 5 bucks. Honestly, this guy (Runey) updates regularly, is active in the community, seems like a legit guy, and he has made a hell of a game. Now, I am not willing to pay an infinite amount of money for any game. But 5 bucks a month for a few months to support an indie developer who is actually developing and not just screwing around is money well spent IMO.

Also FWIW, never would have known about this game if not for this site and the free downloads. So good on the dev for being active here.

DioDanika

Oct 4, 2017
That's not what they developer has related on multiple occasions, but I'm sure he doesn't know what he's talking about so thanks for the advice!
He has directly said the pre-releases are okay, but that the beta builds were buggy as shit. Dear lord, why the sudden championing of not downloading or playing the game?

Reactions: WindIsHowling

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
He has directly said the pre-releases are okay, but that the beta builds were buggy as shit. Dear lord, why the sudden championing of not downloading or playing the game?
He said the pre-releases are better, but there are "bug" warnings in PR2 and I've already hit 3 bugs myself. What he said was that the Patreon pre-releases were less likely to break saves, but aren't bug-free. And I don't see a lot of people "championing" not playing the game so much as understanding the risks and waiting a little while if they want a near-zero risk experience.

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
That's exactly right. We want you to download the final release if you're into those kinks.
But the bugfixes and prereleases due to scope and size of the game are bound to have bugs and the whole time, Runey's still working and often adds more images in every version.

Reactions: Vima and imzahai
4.70 star(s) 442 Votes