3.10 star(s) 9 Votes

Acoroto

Jul 16, 2021
This game is special enough for me, to make a semi-long post (I've only posted like 3 times on F95) which I will make in two parts to better adress things.
Note: For some reason I've only found out about this remake an hour ago and read all the posts

First. About the game and Context.
(This is based off of my high school horny memories so I could be wrong)
1.- Harem is indeed a long project and has gone into hiatus a few times (Quite the long hiatus btw)
2.- The first time this happened was because some schizo rapist in Real Life did some things that Ker saw reflected in his work, which profoundly affected him and had the dark path reworked. On this note I prefered the old dark route, seemed a little more... like the "logic" path someone with a lot of power would go down.
3.- To the people saying the "Old CGI" was better are clearly looking at this with some thick nostalgia glasses.
It is the equivalent of thinking that Star Wars 1 (The prequel) looked great and going back to watch it after 10 years and realizing the CGI looks like dogshit compared to todays standards (still like the movie IMO). The old CG for Harem looks really "Smooth" and not in the good way.
4.- The MC for the most part is consistent with his story. A bastard that views the girls as nothing more than a resource to be used, how you usee that resource is up to you (dark/ light)

Last edited:

Acoroto

Jul 16, 2021
Second part of my post.
Adressing Issues
As a full time adult now, I am fully capable of supporting a project that I love. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean I am fully convinced to go into this. I have several doubts that I (and probablu several other) need answered before fully considering endorsing this project.

1.- Who is really in this project? I saw in page 4-6 here that Ker had to step down. So what is his role here? I'm amazed nobody commented on this but went full ape shit on the beard (which judging by the CG... indeed looks bad, I'm sorry artist-san, It looks like that beard was made with Microsoft Paint).
2.- Who is managing this project? Of the people working on this, what are their roles?
3.- If Ker is no longer head of the project, is he at least in charge of story? This is for me the most important point, as I want the vision of Ker to be fulfilled BY Ker
4.- I don't know if it's possible, but both the Frontpage and the build release would benefit a lot from a FAQ.
5.- Extremely picky note. This should be considered a "Remake" rather than a "Remaster". A Remaster enhances sound and/or image, and this is being done from a new source code. Again not really something thay bothers me, but it would help the project in being more coherent in what it is trying to accomplish.

Last edited:

kobra21356

Jun 5, 2021
hello, i need help when i arrive to a new town where we talk to the governor and then i'm supposed to rest to an inn but they wont accept me, what am i supposed to do pls?

Thata'sae

Jan 30, 2020
Second part of my post.
Adressing Issues
As a full time adult now, I am fully capable of supporting a project that I love. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean I am fully convinced to go into this. I have several doubts that I (and probablu several other) need answered before fully considering endorsing this project.

1.- Who is really in this project? I saw in page 4-6 here that Ker had to step down. So what is his role here? I'm amazed nobody commented on this but went full ape shit on the beard (which judging by the CG... indeed looks bad, I'm sorry artist-san, It looks like that beard was made with Microsoft Paint).
2.- Who is managing this project? Of the people working on this, what are their roles?
3.- If Ker is no longer head of the project, is he at least in charge of story? This is for me the most important point, as I want the vision of Ker to be fulfilled BY Ker
4.- I don't know if it's possible, but both the Frontpage and the build release would benefit a lot from a FAQ.
5.- Extremely picky note. This should be considered a "Remake" rather than a "Remaster". A Remaster enhances sound and/or image, and this is being done from a new source code. Again not really something thay bothers me, but it would help the project in being more coherent in what it is trying to accomplish.

Hello Acoroto,

Thank you for taking the time to make a long post asking questions about the creation of Harem RPG Remastered. I will be answering your second post, as your first post seems to be general feedback and does not need direct answers.

1, 2, & 3: Our Credits page starts with our staff page, and who does what on our team from this project. Ker is now a silent partner, letting us take his vision, outline, and ideas and creating the game the way it should have been done. Each time Ker has taken an active role in this project, his mental health as suffered with the stress of it. So he just observes now as we write and make the art and continue on to Rata.
4. What would you like to see in this FAQ?
5. Although this is true, it something we talked over in the first few months of starting this project before we released the first public demo to the world (now the public has access to the end of Chapter 3). We are adding new quests, new challenges, and even new women. The capture path for some women and main quest is being redesigned. However, Kuroki's attempt was called "Harem RPG Remake" so this would confuse fans even more.
Here is the staff credits page so you and anyone else who wants to read them can easily find it.
1722888695277.png

• Sad
Reactions: FFTW and Acoroto

Thata'sae

Jan 30, 2020
Who is managing this project? Of the people working on this, what are their roles?
In fact, just after reading your questions we added the credits to the main menu and the social media pages so they can now be viewed more easily than having to complete all current content.

Reactions: Acoroto and Satlun

Acoroto

Jul 16, 2021
4. What would you like to see in this FAQ?
I wouldn't have anything specific in mind. I brought that up because I started to see some questions that were asked (and answered) an innecessary number of times.
Take the post above yours for example. I saw you (or maybe someone else from the team) on the earlier pages answering walkthrough questions. Which could be resolved as well with a "walkthrough.txt" which can be easily refered as well

As the project gets Older and Bigger, I can only see this as a headache in the future.
So adding a section of FAQs (read before asking anything) would be beneficial. Of course there will always be someone asking those same questions, but there would be less and/or can be easily refered to the FAQ

Last edited:
Reactions: FFTW

Acoroto

Jul 16, 2021
Ker is now a silent partner
So a consultant? I sugest adding that to the credits page, if that's the case as it adds a lot of context.

If he were to be added as a consultant would be like saying "Hey this guy is no longer active, but we ask him some questions in regards to X, Y and Z to assure the game and plot retain its original vision".

Opposite to just leave it as it is, as just "Original Creator", as that gives the context of "Hey this guy is no longer active, but we are gonna do our best to follow his vision".

And that is a world of difference.

Reactions: FFTW

Acoroto

Jul 16, 2021
In fact, just after reading your questions we added the credits to the main menu and the social media pages so they can now be viewed more easily than having to complete all current content.
I see this as an absolute green flag. I hope you guys can be as communicative and transparent in the future as well.

I am broke as shit but next month, you get my endorsement

Thata'sae

Jan 30, 2020
I see this as an absolute green flag. I hope you guys can be as communicative and transparent in the future as well.

I am broke as shit but next month, you get my endorsement
From one broke person to another, please take care of yourself first. Would much rather you use the money for something more important, like groceries. And with communication and transparency, we've endevored to be as much of both as possible. Back during Kuroki's time trying to save this game I worked with them as kindof a face of the project. Hope to resume that here once more people are talking about the game rather than complaining that it's challenges are difficult.

So a consultant? I sugest adding that to the credits page, if that's the case as it adds a lot of context.

If he were to be added as a consultant would be like saying "Hey this guy is no longer active, but we ask him some questions in regards to X, Y and Z to assure the game and plot retain its original vision".

Opposite to just leave it as it is, as just "Original Creator", as that gives the context of "Hey this guy is no longer active, but we are gonna do our best to follow his vision".

And that is a world of difference.
We've kept mostly silent about Ker stepping back since the last couple times it happened it didn't end well for Harem. We wanted people to see that the team kept going even though Ker isn't directly writing the story as of this moment.

weedady

Jun 4, 2017
i cant find the mad wanderer on the cave can anyone explain me what to do please is on fiona quest

3.10 star(s) 9 Votes