Has Patreon hidden the number of supporters/earnings?

Singaia

Dec 15, 2018
Hey there,

So, after the recent change on Patreon design, I cannot find the number of supporters nor the monthly earnings of the creators I support. I find that information very useful because based on that I know which creators need my support more, so I can avoid cancelling their membership when I'm on a tighter budget.

Does anyone else have this problem? Did they just put the info somewhere else, or they ended up hiding the information for everyone?

Thanks!

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Depends on the privacy Settings the Creator choose to use, i guess.

patreon.jpg
patreon_2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Singaia

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
He's talking about the new design that's rolling out slowly. Haven't fully seen it myself yet, but I did see another dev mention that it was harder to see numbers for creators themselves as it was moved. So, it wouldn't surprise me if other people cannot see it.

If that's the case, I imagine there will be a response from devs, and hopefully it will be amended. I think devs are interested in showing some numbers.

Reactions: Singaia

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Hey there,

So, after the recent change on Patreon design, I cannot find the number of supporters nor the monthly earnings of the creators I support. I find that information very useful because based on that I know which creators need my support more, so I can avoid cancelling their membership when I'm on a tighter budget.

Does anyone else have this problem? Did they just put the info somewhere else, or they ended up hiding the information for everyone?

Thanks!
Yes, Patreon fucked the page. For creators, we have to go to "Insights" to see our patrons/earnings that was earlier visible on the front page. One workaround I've found is to set the page to show public view, which will still show the old numbers on the front page. However, if you're a patron, you see the patron view without the numbers. I'm not sure patrons can select to show the public view, but it should work to use a browser window where you are not logged in to Patreon and go to the creator you want to see the numbers of.

Patreon has to change this back because it is insane to remove those numbers. It's the first thing you should see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Singaia and Lerd0

Singaia

Dec 15, 2018
However, if you're a patron, you see the patron view without the numbers. I'm not sure patrons can select to show the public view, but it should work to use a browser window where you are not logged in to Patreon and go to the creator you want to see the numbers of.
Viewing the creator's page while not logged in worked, thanks!

I don't understand why people are talking so little about this. Even if it's a slow rollout, it's a very big change.

EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I also noticed this stupid and annoying change. Didn't know it also affected patrons.
Even dumber.

Liliya121

Jul 2, 2022
Its probably for avoiding datamining but its pretty annoying for creators and patrons.