[R>Programmer] Have fantastic game idea...I write very well looking for a technical partner

hastur9

Nov 30, 2018
It is similar to an existing game that is very popular and I am confident that with the right help it will succeed. Truly want a partner in this. One of the biggest complaints is time between updates. Two people reduces this.

kinrean

May 12, 2018
it will be better if you add more information then my story will be a succeed .

what game engine you looking at.
type of story / tags.
you using 3d or 2d.
how big the story is, and what is the existing game is.

Reactions: blablabla4ever

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
It is similar to an existing game that is very popular and I am confident that with the right help it will succeed. Truly want a partner in this. One of the biggest complaints is time between updates. Two people reduces this.
Sorry if this sounds harsh or even hostile but,

what will you bring to the table?

hastur9

Nov 30, 2018
A solid outline for 6 chapters and the first already written. An actual command of the English language, so no need of playtesters, and finally cash. I've been on this site since Chloe 18 and have a pretty solid feel for what would be well received/successful.

kinrean

May 12, 2018
A solid outline for 6 chapters and the first already written. An actual command of the English language, so no need of playtesters, and finally cash. I've been on this site since Chloe 18 and have a pretty solid feel for what would be well received/successful.
so what you saying is trust me bro.

CardinalRed

Amazing Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 8, 2021
I'd like to see more details about your idea, but as long as you are paying you should find a good partner really fast

kinrean

May 12, 2018
Is there any other way a good partnership starts?
well that how scam work too, just follow me and you will earn alot of money.

there is many way to start a partnership, like showing the detail plan and show what you have done and so on,
or work on something very small or pay people.

it just seem that there is no reason for any one to work with you unless they want to be waste their time.

hastur9

Nov 30, 2018
How getting paid is a waste of someone's time I have no idea. Also sharing the full idea with everyone is a fantastic way to get the idea poached. Which is probably what you were hoping for.

kinrean

May 12, 2018
How getting paid is a waste of someone's time I have no idea. Also sharing the full idea with everyone is a fantastic way to get the idea poached. Which is probably what you were hoping for.
first, if you are paying then you should put it, which you didn't .
2nd if you let other people steal by simple say what it is, then your ideal must be very simple. or you have no skill in presentation .
and last, every one got ideal , and people who steal ideal are short sighted.

Erostudios

Feb 10, 2024
I believe both of you guys have a point. It is much safe to not publish it publicly if you really believe its a "fantastic game idea". I'm also doing the same thing not in search for someone though -trying to not share it as much as possible-. But as for the other point you're right. There could be some more information about other things. Which could make you more trustworthy.

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
I've seen that you posted a few more details already in the following posts but it would serve you better if you would make a complete post here.
If you can't even be bothered to make a complete detailed post, how can someone think you will be bothered to care about the game when it's a lot more work involved.
The details don't have to contain the story at first, you can send some of your work through private messages once you think you found someone, but you should still add some stuff.
Like if in technical partner you expect someone who can do the art and the game implementation as well. What game engine you expect. If it's not basic choice based visual novel in renpy, you already have a harder requirement. You want the art to be 2D, 3D or you don't care. You mentioned something about payment. What does that entail, if you will pay for everything, than you are looking to hire and not partner. If you can invest some money and pay some stuff, but you are looking to share profits after some point, that should be specified as well. You already posted that you already have some stuff written, that would also help as maybe not everyone wants to scroll through the entire thread just in the hopes there are more details down the line. I'm sure there are some guides here on how to post in a helpful way.

Erostudios

Feb 10, 2024
I've seen that you posted a few more details already in the following posts but it would serve you better if you would make a complete post here.
If you can't even be bothered to make a complete detailed post, how can someone think you will be bothered to care about the game when it's a lot more work involved.
The details don't have to contain the story at first, you can send some of your work through private messages once you think you found someone, but you should still add some stuff.
Like if in technical partner you expect someone who can do the art and the game implementation as well. What game engine you expect. If it's not basic choice based visual novel in renpy, you already have a harder requirement. You want the art to be 2D, 3D or you don't care. You mentioned something about payment. What does that entail, if you will pay for everything, than you are looking to hire and not partner. If you can invest some money and pay some stuff, but you are looking to share profits after some point, that should be specified as well. You already posted that you already have some stuff written, that would also help as maybe not everyone wants to scroll through the entire thread just in the hopes there are more details down the line. I'm sure there are some guides here on how to post in a helpful way.
He spits out the truth as he breathes.

Onyxdime

Smutlord
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
I've worked for several game developers over the years, including a few which I have picked up from this recruitment forum.

I mean this in the kindest way possible. Your recruitment post is not going to attract the talent which you are looking for.

So far you have told us the following information:
  1. You are looking for a programmer;
  2. The game is, perhaps, similar to an existing popular game; and
  3. You have planned 6 chapters of a story, of which 1 has been written.

There is a lot of information missing that you are going to need to add if you want to attract the right talent to your project.
  1. What type of programmer are you looking for?;
  2. What engine is the game being developed in?;
  3. You mention that you have cash. Is the programmer being paid from this cash?;
  4. How is this project being funded long term? Unless you've got five figures of cash reserves to pay for assets, programming, art etc. then cash is not sustainable. Is it a Patreon/Subscribestar funding model or are you planning a Steam release?;
  5. How will proceeds from the release be handled? Is it a profit sharing arrangement?;
  6. Which kind of fetish/sexual content is being included? People will be averse to working on certain topics and will want to know before they invest any time;
  7. Who is designing the artwork? Is it yourself or the programmer? You mentioned you are a writer, but you haven't stated anything about who handles the artwork for the project;
  8. You have stated that you have "An actual command of the English language, so no need of playtesters..." This seems to indicate that you do not fully understand the role of play testers. There are going to be bugs in your game which are unrelated to your command of the English language. Play testers can help identify these; and
  9. Have you any experience working on previous adult games? Adding in past projects can help lend you some credibility/demonstrate that you can produce a product.

If I were looking for work on here I would be concerned about investing time in a project where the total background information provided was 2 lines of text.

I understand that you want to keep your idea as private as possible; however, we don't need to know plot details. What potential candidates do need to know is critical information to help them understand that the actual development of this game is viable.

Good luck with your project. Hope you manage to find a programmer and get the ball rolling. :)

SamuraiDice

Aug 16, 2024
I've worked for several game developers over the years, including a few which I have picked up from this recruitment forum.

I mean this in the kindest way possible. Your recruitment post is not going to attract the talent which you are looking for.

So far you have told us the following information:
  1. You are looking for a programmer;
  2. The game is, perhaps, similar to an existing popular game; and
  3. You have planned 6 chapters of a story, of which 1 has been written.

There is a lot of information missing that you are going to need to add if you want to attract the right talent to your project.
  1. What type of programmer are you looking for?;
  2. What engine is the game being developed in?;
  3. You mention that you have cash. Is the programmer being paid from this cash?;
  4. How is this project being funded long term? Unless you've got five figures of cash reserves to pay for assets, programming, art etc. then cash is not sustainable. Is it a Patreon/Subscribestar funding model or are you planning a Steam release?;
  5. How will proceeds from the release be handled? Is it a profit sharing arrangement?;
  6. Which kind of fetish/sexual content is being included? People will be averse to working on certain topics and will want to know before they invest any time;
  7. Who is designing the artwork? Is it yourself or the programmer? You mentioned you are a writer, but you haven't stated anything about who handles the artwork for the project;
  8. You have stated that you have "An actual command of the English language, so no need of playtesters..." This seems to indicate that you do not fully understand the role of play testers. There are going to be bugs in your game which are unrelated to your command of the English language. Play testers can help identify these; and
  9. Have you any experience working on previous adult games? Adding in past projects can help lend you some credibility/demonstrate that you can produce a product.

If I were looking for work on here I would be concerned about investing time in a project where the total background information provided was 2 lines of text.

I understand that you want to keep your idea as private as possible; however, we don't need to know plot details. What potential candidates do need to know is critical information to help them understand that the actual development of this game is viable.

Good luck with your project. Hope you manage to find a programmer and get the ball rolling. :)
Sir, please,
be gentle with OP,
there is no need,
for such detailed devastation.

• Haha
Reactions: ihl86

Sagisu

Nov 12, 2017
As guys mentioned above.
World is full of 'Idea Guys', but ideas won't make any game. If it's just a standard VN then trust me - you probably don't have great idea and even if you have: the execution is most important.

If you say you are writer than show how you write: some previous works etc. If its your first script it really doesn't look well that you can't show anything - any story narration, any dialogue, nothing.

And on contrary to comments here: you dont need to know what kind of programmer you need and want, but if you cant say any mechanics there are needed in game noone knows what you need so your best scenario is to get ppl that have serious lack in experience and then we go to the start - even best idea will fail with poor execution (buggy program, weak graphics etc).