Have some question about Animation and DAZ

Torontota

Mar 2, 2018
Hello guys, i would like to make a game and with it some animation
My first model figure is "treasure of nadia", and i was wondering what kind of tools he use to have such a good render ?

Plus i've read on the forum than animating in DAZ is quite a pain in the ass, so i was wondering what are you advising me today to use and to learn(animation of course), for making good animation

thanks for your time guys and take care :)

Reactions: GrayTShirt

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Well, to be perfectly frank, designing animations in _any_ package can be a PITA - it's just that different packages have different degrees and types of pain (some of them financial).

The issue with Daz is that it lacks some of the features that other packages have. Some of those features (inverse kinematics) have been added - some are still having the kinks worked out of them. So the pain level is certainly dropping.

But, like anything else, producing good animations takes time and practice, regardless of the package. There are a lot of good tutorials "out there" on doing animation in Blender, for example. While (obviously) some of the "here's how the tool works" will be Blender specific, some of the more general discussion (e.g. "how to design a walk cycle") applies regardless of the package that you're using. Part of it is just coming to understand how people and things actually... move when they move.

So, basically, Google Is Your Friend on this.

Reactions: GrayTShirt

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
For a first project I would advise against trying out animations all together honestly, especially in DAZ. Like Rich said animations is very timeconsuming and has a steap learning curve. Especially with DAZ with its far from optional animation functions. It can be done, but take in mind that every second of animation requires 24 renders (animations are rendered in 24 frames per second).

As for Treasure of Nadia specific i'm not even sure its rendered in DAZ. It has a very cartoonish look overal so I wouldn't be surprised if he used a different program/render engine all together. He might even be using a physical based rendered instead of a raytracing one which scan cut down render time down by 90-95%, but with lesser quality/more cartoonish style.

Torontota

Mar 2, 2018
Im trying to import my models to blender (diffeomorphic ) but i've a lot of texture problems :( espacilly with eyes.., and what's DS lol ?
oh and thanks btw for the answer !

Last edited: