VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Hazard: Magical Girdle [v1.2.1] [Kexboy]

1. 2.00 star(s)

nicod

5/10

after playing this game for about 2 hours

# i didn't see many sex scenes let's say about 3 scenes which is okay so far

# those three sex scenes weren't animated and not good voiced (n)

# the story going so far so good with many routes you can pick (y)

# the story totally not about sex which make me ask myself is it adult game (y)

# the art of this game not a high quality one but so attractive art (y)

# the game not voiced or animated (n)

# so far it's not a romance game which means don't take it personally bur there is sharing

# cause you will see a sharing scene and i don't think it's avoidable (n)

# the game contain a so nice and well done music that usually attract me to listen (y)

# the music changes with the scene change (y)

# the scene of the bomb was having a so nice music (y)

# sometimes i felt really bored to go on not excited to the game ! (n) (n)

after finishing the game

# sex scenes not that much which makes me asking is it adult game ! (n) (n)
    # the music really got so much work here (y)
    # the decision system works so nice (y)
    # so many decisions to make (y)
    # mostly you will be dead if wrong but some others works good
    # the sex poses so boring (n) (n) (n)
    # the game not about me at all iam not the hero of the game (n)
  2. 2.00 star(s)

libertypics

Not a bad game but the idea of 'multiple choice oops you died' was a game design philosophy that was abandoned in the 80's by real studios for a reason. The art's decent just not really enjoyable to play the 'save before each choice' game. I'd call it a 2.5 of 5, rounding down simply because inconvenience isn't game play IMO. Your mileage may vary.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

kretos

Linear but with nice graphics and interesting story and most important - it's fun!
    There are few sex scenes with nice sounds. Game is pretty stable (it crashed only once) but most choices leads to defeat so save often.
    There's only one ridiculous point at the beginning (the bomb code) but the rest i s easy, just read the text.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

BetterMagnet

my overall experience with the game isn't that great, the game progression and how much you have to try->fail->try again with no real way to fully know what exactly to do and with your choices meaning nothing beyond "you continue the story" or "Game over" 70% of the time .
    of course there is the variations and the different endings which are fine as far as an idea goes but the exectuion feels like a chore to go through without walkthrough (which doesn't exist as of writing this ) .

the art however is top notch, it's has such great drawings for both the characters ,scenes and backdrops . I love the style of the art and if I was just trying to review based on the art alone this game would 5/5 no question. but it's so hard to get to enjoy the game without being quite a bit frustrated
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Zwentibold

One of the best visual novels that i have played.

Criminally underrated. I don't see how anyone could give this game 1 star.
    The story is funny and clever and there are plenty of choices that really matter, making for very complex ramifications that bring to different endings.

The only problem is that the English is, at times, kind of broken, while being ok for the most part.
    My advice to everyone is to give this game a try .
    It's funny, sexy, cleverly written and has high replayability.
    Also, it has the best sound effects and soundtrack of any adult game that i have played.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

SoulFoZoid

Idk why so this is so under the radar / underrated.

Gameplay : Try, fail, try again. Not a fan the choices need to be clear from the start not this see what this choice does.

Art : Very good the overall, good anatomy and a lot of poses.

Story : It's good the exotic locations and varied characters the only problem is that the characters are a little cookie cutter.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.17.87...

Originally Reviewed on 12/29/2017

I tried this VN/Game and although the artwork is creative and unique, I didn't really like how quickly the script plays out, as well as the fact that it is such a linear story with too many ways to reach a dead end...

The visuals of the characters are 2D hand drawn, which looked creative and very artistic... Very much how a graphic novel might look... Same with the backdrops...

The script text was well done, as I didn't notice any real issues with it... The plot of the story is interesting, but it moves entirely too quickly... Plus this VN/Game punishes you too much for your decisions, as it follows a very linear progression...

As an example, there is a timer involved with figuring out how to disarm the bomb on the boat, with two different ways to disarm it, and if you accidentally chose the wrong one, you end up getting stuck with that path... This happened when I accidentally chose to regularly disarm the bomb rather then figure out clues from the pictures... I kept trying to figure out how to get back to the pictures, but the timer ran out and you get a "Game Over"... And once you get to the island, it gets much worse... You get so many choices that lead to death, it's crazy...

I liked the overall premise of the plot, but really did not like the execution of the story... The story moves too quickly, with not enough character development... And there are far too many ways to fail, even when it's not so obvious what might lead to death... You end up saving at every single choice, just in case... That is a horrible way to tell a story...

Overall, I really didn't enjoy my play through, even though I actually liked the plot idea... Now, this VN/Game is early into it's development, and has nice visuals, but I can't get over the constant rewind-choose-again crap... In any case, I do wish the author/s the best of luck with this project, but if it continues down it's current path I'll most likely not try this one again...