Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
How huge are we talking about, size wise ?

And as for the coding, I can relate when I was trying to become a web dev... Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, must work, from front-end to back-end. It is a living hell especially if it's a big project for a company. Working in IT is very difficult...
Code size wise, in her last Patreon February post, she said and I quote:
"The coding for Five, for example, is bigger than the coding requirements for the previous four chapters combined (There is a lot going on in Five...) "
Defo not the first time she mentioned it..

She even referred Chapter Five RS combined to "this monster".. Quite something!

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
Don't fall apart so close to the end of this 23 months gap in the release production. Notty went through tough life challenges, physically and mentally, and also made tough decisions about Heavy Five.. Not because they were easy to do, but because they were hard to implement.

You do know how Heavy Five evolved, from a simple AVN in 2019, to an actual game with much better renders(characters and environment) and its prime feature: freeroam with navigation maps(sandbox).. Something that was inevitably needed in respect to the amount of possible choices!

Don't you think she is totally fed up working on Chap1R-4Rs?! Code-wise, this has been a nightmare but the animations and VA lately got her back into the highest possible mood spirit.
The Chapter5RS is in its final beta version, stable with all the previous RS chapters.. You shouldn't be depressed about that but more relived.

Heavy Five Chapter5RS is coming and it will be huge!
I'll be relieved when i play it, till then i'll stay depressed after reading the latest issue that has put it on hold.

evileeyore

Aug 15, 2023
I'll be relieved when i play it, till then i'll stay depressed after reading the latest issue that has put it on hold.
Yeah, I'm still not 100% sure what Gumroad has to do with the voice actors... if it's a payment thing, just find another payment processor the VAs will agree to use.

Reactions: IveBeenBored

evileeyore

Aug 15, 2023
Yeah, I'm still not 100% sure what Gumroad has to do with the voice actors... if it's a payment thing, just find another payment processor the VAs will agree to use.
And just like that the VA woes are over and VA work has recommenced. I thought it would be relatively simple and that Notty was panicking over a small problem.

Or maybe the speed and ease with which they dealt with it undercuts how difficult it was to surmount, but they made it seem "Super Easy, Barely An Inconvenience".

JSimon8668

Oct 1, 2023
Cant access windows links for ch.4 remastered. Can you please add a gofile link for that.
I think that it has been re remastered since then - right now only Ch2 of the newest one is out, but the release of up to Ch 5 of the new new version is imminent. Last note a couple weeks ago noted that there was a delay due to the funding platform for voice actors dropping NSFW content, but the issue has been resolved. If I were in your shoes I would wait for the release of chapter 5 instead of playing the older version up to chapter 4.
If you haven't played at all yet, you are in for a treat though, this game is one of the best I have played, I am constantly checking for updates.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes