Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
That said, fratricide isn't a movie fantasy, it's very much a real fact of war. The smaller the unit, the tighter they are and more likely to use excessive force to deal with a perceived threat to their members. In space, with no witnesses...yeah, clearly malfunctioning boots while the LT was on an unscheduled spacewalk and they were unable to reclaim his body due to systems' failures.
This wouldn't work even nowdays and definitely won't work in the future. Especially not in a Sci-fi. It only works in movies because the script says so not because it makes any sense. At all.

But i do accept the fact that this is just a visual novel. I'm only saying the killing solution is absurd. Or if others prefer to call it that way: ludicrous. It offers a fast Game Over, yes. I merely pointed out that no, it doesn't make sense, its not okay in an in-game coherency/reality point of view. Oh okay, lets say that it can happen, sure, because the chief lost her head or whatever but their story is about to come to a Bad End as well due to it, there is no way around it.

I'm a storyteller too so i have a tendency to single out elements such as this, not because it matters really. Its a bad end, bam, game over, be a clever bad guy or a nice one would be better, sure. But saying this could/would work out for the crew, they could get away with it, no. Just no. Its not important storywise but if i roll their story further in my head the chief will pay with her life for it. One way or another on that route. In my mind, obviously.

Http404z

Dec 26, 2018
This wouldn't work even nowdays and definitely won't work in the future. Especially not in a Sci-fi. It only works in movies because the script says so not because it makes any sense. At all.

But i do accept the fact that this is just a visual novel. I'm only saying the killing solution is absurd. Or if others prefer to call it that way: ludicrous. It offers a fast Game Over, yes. I merely pointed out that no, it doesn't make sense, its not okay in an in-game coherency/reality point of view. Oh okay, lets say that it can happen, sure, because the chief lost her head or whatever but their story is about to come to a Bad End as well due to it, there is no way around it.

I'm a storyteller too so i have a tendency to single out elements such as this, not because it matters really. Its a bad end, bam, game over, be a clever bad guy or a nice one would be better, sure. But saying this could/would work out for the crew, they could get away with it, no. Just no. Its not important storywise but if i roll their story further in my head the chief will pay with her life for it. One way or another on that route. In my mind, obviously.
Yeah, we're miles apart on this and probably won't ever agree. I'm not a storyteller, I'm a veteran and know that this isn't a impossible or even implausible. Fratricide has happened through history and more so in recent history than in ages past. To think it impossible in the future, even in a sci-fi setting, doesn't work for me (in my mind, obviously). Annie is the ship's engineer, she knows it inside and out and most certainly can alter the records to eliminate any trace of wrong doing. In my mind, there was no crime of passion or a moment of insanity. It was a cold calculated decision to preserve and protect her unit. The environment actually facilitates the act and makes it far more likely that they'd get away with it.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Alright then! Here is my walkthrough!

• Covers sexy renders in relevance to each major character-focused routes.
  • Covers all the important choices for every major route of every girl.
  • Does not cover every bit of story, lore or jokes. Play the game, if you want to know more and laugh more.
  • Does not cover freeroam content (clickables) unrelated to character paths.
  • It is not based on the code and it doesn't contain stat changes. No peeking under the hood.
  • No snarky remarks, suggestions to the dev, or any other inappropriate content.
  • If you like the game, despite playing with a walkthrough, consider supporting Notty on her Patreon.
  • I'll be continually updating this as new chapters are released.
I appreciate feedback, if you think I got something wrong. Of course, the feedback I want to see the most is: "I don't care about your stupid walkthrough, I'll always play Heavy Five without it".

NOTE: Walkthrough for Chapter Four is up. There are a few parts I left incomplete. Those will be added once a patch is released. Those will be added at some point in the future. I have other priorities at the moment, sorry.

Last edited:

tontoman

May 4, 2017
.. In space, with no witnesses...yeah, clearly malfunctioning boots while the LT was on an unscheduled spacewalk and they were unable to reclaim his body due to systems' failures.
Yeah, could need a whole new bunch of military quotes for space marines.
'Always be besties with the person checking your space suit'
'Never assume the airlock is closed, if your ex is running the security board'

Not possible? It's in the history, hell the Ken Burns Viet documentary had soldiers openly talking about it, for certain LTs who wouldn't listen. As one mentioned, sometimes they get a warning like a grenade outside the tent, sometimes it's a 'woomp' in the night. That was the war where it go so bad, even the public (the ones who read) heard about it. The more dangerous an environment is, the easier it is to cover up. It's a thing.

And for groups pulling together to cover up for each other (if that's even needed). Hell you don't even need killers for that, just a vested interest being it money or protection or other reasons. Hell the Catholic church wouldn't even turn their own in for the childerns sake. It's a nasty world.

Now in the future, maybe not if it's one of those every watchful eye dystopian ones where there's cameras everywhere, or brain implants recording everthing :). And even that isn't a given as more complex it gets, the easier for the experts to hack it. Hell even with today tech, I can BS the boss whenever I want heh.

Last edited:

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Fratricide has happened through history and more so in recent history than in ages past.
In truth you know whats the most likely outcome? That Chris would take her into custody on the spot for murder. With a heavy heart, sure, but still. I mean she is an officer too. Or in your country officers help covering up murders? In peactime, on a transport mission? Because you keep talking about friendly fire.. but there is no war here. No enemies. No live round exercise. No, its just one person shooting another in the head during a routine trip between FortA to Science stationB in a spaceship.

No. Just no. I don't buy this cover-up nonsense. I just don't.

Http404z

Dec 26, 2018
No. Just no. I don't buy this cover-up nonsense. I just don't.
Did you not see the scene with Chris and Sarah? Not to mention that Chris and Annie, despite difference in rank, have a mutual respect that goes beyond norms. Each cites the other as being the best at what they do. That's what clues me in to the closeness of this unit. Sorry, but unless you've been there, you can't get it.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Sorry, but unless you've been there, you can't get it.
Yes, i can undersign this, it may be so that i don't get it and they would try to cover it up. Still, my viewpoint is that she would be apprehended and sentenced by a court marshal if we could get a follow up on that story in a realistic scenario.

Otherwise obviously this is just a story, they could get away with whatever if the writer of it so wishes.

I don't even went through the line to reach that because i dislike playing dumb idiots.

tontoman

May 4, 2017
Yes, i can undersign this, it may be so that i don't get it and they would try to cover it up. Still, my viewpoint is that she would be apprehended and sentenced by a court marshal if we could get a follow up on that story in a realistic scenario.

Otherwise obviously this is just a story, they could get away with whatever if the writer of it so wishes.

I don't even went through the line to reach that because i dislike playing dumb idiots.
Or for my realistic scenario, they work together and using the issues at hand rig some way to get rid of the body. Explosive decompression, fire in a room etc.
Obviously it's just a story, so yeah Chris could suddenly go all by the book and hang one of her own, or whatever the writer wishes...
Edit: As 'realism' is variable based on opinion, the term should probably not be used so much as its use automatically terms everything else as not, even while in the middle of said discussion. :)

To be honest I can see the cover up WAY easier than the killing, but my personal context as I haven't killed or tried to kill anything (at least not actually physically...). Because the hard part is already done, and the cover up is easily rationalized away.. which is why it's so common in RL. As in alright, it's already done, reporting it won't bring anyone back to life. That person wasn't one of us anyway. The fact it happened will hurt all of our careers. I've got to rely on the rest of the group still, if I hang one... etc.
All groups close ranks to some extent, you see it in every day life/news. Look at the police, it's why they have an external investigation unit. Shouldn't the enforcers of the law be the first people standing up to report their fellow officers?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nottravis

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Alright then! Here is my walkthrough!

• Covers every sexy render (if you argue that all Notty's renders are sexy, you're not wrong, but I'm not going to redo the bloody thing just to please you).
  • Covers all the important choices for every major route of every girl. (Yes, Notty, I know missed a lot of them, but they don't need to know).
  • Does not cover every bit of story, lore or jokes. Play the game, if you want to know more and laugh more.
  • Chapter 3 included, don't look if you haven't played (ideally like 20 times and you just can't find one item in the summary).
  • It is hopefully easier to follow then the old walkthrough. (Anyone who disagrees has the right to disagree, but no christmas presents from me)
  • It is not based on the code and it doesn't contain stat changes. No peeking under the hood.
  • No snarky remarks, suggestions to the dev, or any other inappropriate content.
  • If you like the game, despite playing with a walkthrough, consider supporting Notty on her Patreon.
  • I'll update this when Chapter Four comes and probably make an errata of what is no longer accurate (if it's less then 50% I'm satisfied.)
I appreciate feedback, if you think I got something wrong. Of course, the feedback I want to see the most is: "I don't care about your stupid walkthrough, I'll always play Heavy Five without it".
Nice effort, but since no one said it, I don't care about your stupid walkthrough, I'll always play Heavy Five without it! :p

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
All groups close ranks to some extent, you see it in every day life/news. Look at the police, it's why they have an external investigation unit. Shouldn't the enforcers of the law be the first people standing up to report their fellow officers?
But thats exactly i'm thinking too. That there would be an investigation and they would get busted.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
For the dev:
I continued an old save in the end-half of chapter 2 where is a choice to play with Sarah, to drink with Annie or to go and shower. I chose Sarah. Funny thing in chapter 3 after talking with Kelly before leaving to find Walker, Annie talks about last night how fun it was. But we didn't drink "last night"!

tontoman

May 4, 2017
But thats exactly i'm thinking too. That there would be an investigation and they would get busted.
No body, no investigation. Even nowadays, the body is a big thing. How often does a crime go unsolved today in a house when cops show up hours later (or minutes). Take days? for a space ship to fly a crew in assuming they report the 'accident' right away, and you think they'll find anything? And they are already talking about zero support for the mission. For me not even an issue.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
For the dev:
I continued an old save in the end-half of chapter 2 where is a choice to play with Sarah, to drink with Annie or to go and shower. I chose Sarah. Funny thing in chapter 3 after talking with Kelly before leaving to find Walker, Annie talks about last night how fun it was. But we didn't drink "last night"!
That one is fixed in the latest version available on Patreon, which nobody has posted here yet.:)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes