Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
So, from what I have read around the forum if we can get 1,000 people to like the OP, it can be put on the carousel at the top of the front page of the whole site! That means more visibility for the game and hopefully more patrons for Notty! Now, we just need to come up with a cunning plan to make it happen. :unsure:
I thought it's a more curated selection than just one number. :unsure:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
*laughs* I don't think so. Not many people mentioned it. Or it could have been too bad a joke of course :) I'm sorta used by now to mebbe half my stuff being missed except bar the odd one or two. *is cool with this tho*
Oh no, not only did I notice it the first time around, but it was one of the main things that endeared Sarah to me. I almost busted a gut when I first saw it.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
So, here is a question for you. How do we/I get people to play it? Perhaps there is something wrong with the front page? I dunno. Would welcome thoughts on this one.
Nothing wrong with the description (and I use the a lot to filter out new games. If the description is dull, so is usually the game). It's one of the best. I remember being instantly intrigued and hitting the download button.

Maybe refreshing the screenshots? I think there are plenty of nice candidates from Chapter 3. I admit that is also one of the deciding factors for me whether to download a game or not. If none of the pictures impress me I tend to move on.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
*isn't sure but imagines they could well use likes as a first cut for them deciding what to have a look at given the number of games that come out*
Well, I imagined it something like all staff members pitch games and then someone makes a selection out of that. Some numbers probably do play a role. I think the thread activity could count as well, so perhaps we won't get unnoticed next time. It's all just speculation though.:)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Well, I imagined it something like all staff members pitch games and then someone makes a selection out of that. Some numbers probably do play a role. I think the thread activity could count as well, so perhaps we won't get unnoticed next time. It's all just speculation though.:)
The last thing we want is mods noticing this thread! XD

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Nothing wrong with the description (and I use the a lot to filter out new games. If the description is dull, so is usually the game). It's one of the best. I remember being instantly intrigued and hitting the download button.

Maybe refreshing the screenshots? I think there are plenty of nice candidates from Chapter 3. I admit that is also one of the deciding factors for me whether to download a game or not. If none of the pictures impress me I tend to move on.
I have updated them. Perhaps an iffy selection? Or am I missing tags? *isn't sure*

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Damn! I should have checked the page first!:LOL:

I don't think tags are that big of a deal (except for those misunderstanding them).

It may be that "0.3" is still early for many to try the game.
It's a third completed tho. And it's not like a lot of 0.3s.

Might be stuck then?

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Theres the rub I suppose. Trumpet game length, renders mebbe?

(Actually how long does it take to play? Must be a bit I suspect)
Again something people who haven't played wouldn't know?

That can vary a lot, I think. There's likely a significant difference between how long it takes me to play and everyone else, so I can't really estimate.:D

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I think putting new pictures in the first post is a good idea, as Akamari said, but maybe add the "lewdest" ones, in order to attract customers (Sarah in underwear, a pic of Kelly's boobs, etc.). If you're ready to make the marketing sacrifice, Nottravis (and others), you should not hesitate to partake in more threads in order for people to see your sig and your cheerful demeanour :) (although I understand you might lack the time to do so)
The Daz3D art thread, where people show their skills and help each others, the appreciation threads, etc. are all good places to make your game more noticed as well.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
I shall have a few quickies
A few quickies, huh? Got 'em lined up outside your flat? :p

You go, girl!
These guys don't show me any respect
you're setting yourself for the Notty, but I guess it's just a term of enderrment
Pulling a plot point out of your bum to go "Gotcha!!!" is the laziest writing imaginable and does a huge disservice to the people who have been playing your game. It's unfair on them for a start, but also spoils and wastes the time and effort they have put into your product. It is of course, even worse, if they have been supporting that product for then you are, arguably, also taking money under false pretences.
I think Notty hit a good balance here - patrons can vote on side content - the story is already set.
I'm not crying... you're cryng...

So, from what I have read around the forum if we can get 1,000 people to like the OP, it can be put on the carousel at the top of the front page of the whole site! That means more visibility for the game and hopefully more patrons for Notty! Now, we just need to come up with a cunning plan to make it happen. :unsure:
When the more sexy tags start appearing in future releases I suspect this thread will get some boost in the likes.
how about adding Becca in black to the OP, people would flood like locusts to a field of gold

popabear

Jul 11, 2019
I really must make sometime to play Philly's latest
It's quite small so it's no heavy time investment. Its un-fucking-real, that one. You are definitely both in the same business (sci-fi, super thought out world, realistic characters, actual story). A really cool thing Philly does is introduce his own lingo ('Milcher', 'Vostok' et c) and it makes me feel like I'm learning the slang of the future.
So, here is a question for you. How do we/I get people to play it? Perhaps there is something wrong with the front page? I dunno. Would welcome thoughts on this one.
Encourage everyone who likes the game to review it! I work my way down the rankings list and I'm sure many others are too. When a game has 100 or so reviews and still scores highly I know I can be certain that the game is good.
Also be sure to manage expectations whenever possible. If you get exposed to the real masses there will be people showing up for the quick wank. These people need to understand right away what they can expect so they don't get disappointed or angry.
Yes! And make them sexy! I need the Kelly titgrab in there and Tricia should be shown too. Maybe consider making a hot-as-fuck poster that's only for promotional use? Like a book/film cover.
Edit: I see Tricia is in there, but not sexy Tricia. Upgrade! :)

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes