Hello All! Wondering about games for Apple ecosystem

helly96

Dec 18, 2017
I'm new here. Specifically interested in finding games that are made for Apple machines and ios. Do those exist? Had a hell of a time finding them.

Thanks.

-helly06

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Check out ren'py games. Quite a few of those have mac versions

OswaldOluvson

Feb 6, 2018
If you have access to a mac and like to play ren'py games, it's even possible to recompile those games and play them on iOS devices. On one side its not easy to meet the requirements (developer account) but on the other hand its awesome to play the games wherever you're able to use the iPad (which is nearly everywhere ;).

Beeing able to play 0.14.5 and 0.17 on iPad everyday makes it easier to wait for upcomming updates ^^)

For those which are interested in converting ren'py games to iOS - here are the requirements:
• Macintosh/Hackintosh with kind of not the oldest MacOS X
• Xcode (Mac app store, free)
• latest version (SDK dmg, free)
• any 1024x1024px image (only to get rid of the missing "App Store Icon" warning)
• additional Build setting: include "libiconv.tbd" (to get rid of many warnings based on two bugs)
• Apple Developer Account - even if it's not active anymore (you just need the Apple id and corresponding certificate for signing the converted game app!) With some effort (time/serach) it's surely possible to find hints on how to activate "ad hoc signing" - i abandoned searching after several hours though
• 64 bit iOS device (iPhones 5S, SE, 6, 6+, 7, 7+, 8, 8+, X, iPad mini 2-4, iPad 5. Gen, iPad Air..., iPad Pro..., iPod touch 6. Gen - it might be possible to compile with 32bit also, but it will need more space on the device and chances of running into problems are higher)
• Lightning cable + some time and patience

HF and enjoy!