Hello. Sub-par translator speaking.

sub-par

Jan 8, 2018
I'm a university student with many hobbies, translation being one of them. You may recognize me from the web novel translations I did a while back. Probably not, though. You definitely won't recognize me from the few anonymous translations I've done.

The name "sub-par translator" is a bad joke in two layers. One of them's a reference I won't explain, but the other is subtle satire: compared to the vast majority of Japanese web novel translations online, my work is positively masterful through the virtue of speaking both English and Japanese. There's a lot of works that have been translated by people who seemingly speak neither. But in terms of professional translation, I think that my work is unacceptably sloppy, poorly documented, and generally below average. Hohoo, hahaa, self-deprecation masquerading as criticism.

Anyway, as my soul craved both violation of copyright laws and translation, I went to browsing the requests section. There I found a request for a little (actually rather big) RPGMaker gem that I played last year. I took a look at the files and translation seems feasible. Probably will post about it and make a partial patch later this week unless something comes up. So I figured an introduction is in order. There's my introduction.

Yours faithfully,
an internet idiot