Hello there

ranivorous

Jul 15, 2017
Hi, again. So I've been creeping around for some months and can't be thankful enough for how easy it is to keep up to date with all those projects going on at once since I've found the place.
With that out of the way, there's a reason why I finally decided to post in here (not that anyone was waiting for it). I plan on trying to make a renpy game. I have some ideas and stuff lying around in a specific folder, but I could use some help while the real "development" begins/goes on.
  • First of all: I suppose there is a specific sub-forum to ask that type of stuff and I'd be glad to go there asking questions.
  • Second (if I can ask this here):
    • Do you think it's ok to make the game in 1920x1080, 16:9?
    • Do you think it's better to stick with the default format (1280x720) of renpy so that everybody can play the game if it becomes a playable thing
Thanks !

Souleater

F95 Museum Director
Uploader
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
depends realy lets say 1280 x 720 does not cover the entire screen that might just be annoying, but if using 16:9 can break the game i would say its not worth it

Reactions: ranivorous

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Welcome to the forums.
I suppose there is a specific sub-forum to ask that type of stuff and I'd be glad to go there asking questions.
The development forum would be a better fit
  • Do you think it's ok to make the game in 1920x1080, 16:9?
  • Do you think it's better to stick with the default format (1280x720) of renpy so that everybody can play the game if it becomes a playable thing
1080p is fine, however if your art is 3d renders then it'll take a lot more time/computing power to render crisp 1080p images. Many artists render at 4K or 1080p and downscale in order to get higher quality renders, remember, a high quality 720p image is better than a low quality 1080p image. The other thing to consider is file size.

ranivorous

Jul 15, 2017
Thank you for the replies. I'm going to ask this question more in-depth in the right forum.

Witches Brew

Jul 17, 2017
A good place to ask those questions is the "Programming & Development" forum. Many talented people there who will be glad to help you.

Reactions: Papa Ernie