Hello!

rakijator

May 2, 2020
Hi, everyone! New guy here, from Serbia. I was looking for some lewd games and stumbled upon this site and damn there's a LOT of games here. That should mean I'm gonna spend quite some time here.

I explored a little bit around here, mainly searching for an answer to a question I have regarding game downloads. Since I didn't find anything yet, I'd like to ask here. Basically, I'd like to know are the latest updates for games linked in the first post of every thread or do I have to look for them on other pages? Or should I say, if I download the game from the first post of a thread, do I get it with the latest update?

Oh and can someone explain to me what some terms mean? What is "Ren'Py", "VN" and things like that.

Thanks all, and I hope to have a good time here.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: vir_cotto and pim0

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Hi, everyone! New guy here, from Serbia. I was looking for some lewd games and stumbled upon this site and damn there's a LOT of games here. That should mean I'm gonna spend quite some time here.

I explored a little bit around here, mainly searching for an answer to a question I have regarding game downloads. Since I didn't find anything yet, I'd like to ask here. Basically, I'd like to know are the latest updates for games linked in the first post of every thread or do I have to look for them on other pages? Or should I say, if I download the game from the first post of a thread, do I get it with the latest update?

Thanks all, and I hope to have a good time here.
Hello, welcome.

Most of the time the OP will have the latest. Rarely you have to go to the end of the thread or search, but for 90% of the games it is OP.

Reactions: pim0 and rakijator

rakijator

May 2, 2020
Hello, welcome.

Most of the time the OP will have the latest. Rarely you have to go to the end of the thread or search, but for 90% of the games it is OP.
Oh thank you, that was a quick answer.

Is there any way I could know if the update was posted separately, or should I just simply ask in the game's thread?

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Oh thank you, that was a quick answer.

Is there any way I could know if the update was posted separately, or should I just simply ask in the game's thread?
That is slightly more complicated.

How it normally happens is that the update for the game is posted in the thread at the end. The post is reported as a game update and a Mod then updates the OP with said stuff.

The second is that no one reported the post and it is now sitting somewhere in the thread. Normally you can check their patreon to figure what version the game should be in the thread and then check the last few pages or search those numbers in the thread.

The third is the game request area. https://f95zone.to/forums/game-requests.3/
In here is where people say hey there was an update. Then hopefully someone is nice enough to post it, it can be posted here and then normally it gets also posted to the OP of the main thread.

Reactions: rakijator

rakijator

May 2, 2020
That is slightly more complicated.

How it normally happens is that the update for the game is posted in the thread at the end. The post is reported as a game update and a Mod then updates the OP with said stuff.

The second is that no one reported the post and it is now sitting somewhere in the thread. Normally you can check their patreon to figure what version the game should be in the thread and then check the last few pages or search those numbers in the thread.

The third is the game request area. https://f95zone.to/forums/game-requests.3/
In here is where people say hey there was an update. Then hopefully someone is nice enough to post it, it can be posted here and then normally it gets also posted to the OP of the main thread.
Thank you so much.

It doesn't sound too complicated. Also, my guess is that more popular games get those updates "reported" so the OP should have the lates release.

Oh and one more question. How are updates installed? Do I just install it over the one I already have?

Reactions: pim0

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Thank you so much.

It doesn't sound too complicated. Also, my guess is that more popular games get those updates "reported" so the OP should have the lates release.

Oh and one more question. How are updates installed? Do I just install it over the one I already have?
Yes, the more popular a game the more likely it is put into the OP almost immediately.

Your final question is purely a "depends". The OP will normally have any instructions you need to play the game, or how to install updates/patches. So just read the OP for whatever game you want to play.

Reactions: rakijator