Help a dev to decide!

Want would you choose? Hero, Madman, or F-up Madman ?

• Hero

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Madman

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Fucked up Madman

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

velwitch7

May 16, 2019
Hello guys!

I'm working on a new game, and I'd like to know what kind of stuff people would like to see!

The game will be made with rpgm.
You'll wake up as a human in the remnant of the world, now dominated by monster girls. The few survivors of your race live hidden. After been given the secret of the monster girls immortality, you decide to fight (fuck) your way through the castle of their evil dragon queen. (subject to change)

You will choose at the start your 'alignment'. Either a hero, or a madman.
This will change the abilities you will unlock in battle, and the different boss battles ending. Every attack will be sex-based, and you'll see an image of the enemy under said attack. So a lot of work and hundreds of drawings. Aiming for a generous game, with sexualised battles instead of a 'do the fight as it is in rpgm and get only one reward image at the end' kind of deal.
And so I'd like to know how far I should take it with the madman alignment. The hero will seduce the girls, make them horny, and close the deal. The madman on the other hand will attack the girls into submission. It could stay at bdsm (slapping, punching, cutting) or it could go as far as cutting limbs and breaking bones. Knowing that you don't need to use all of your arsenal to finish a fight, meaning you could stay away from certain interactions.

So what would you choose, hero or madman?
And for those who would chose madman over hero: taimed madman, or all the way fucked up?

Oh and BTW, here is a preview of the first boss, in its naked state! Tell me if you like this kind of art style as well!

bunny normal full preview.png

Last edited:

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
The pic looks great! I'm not really into monster girl stuff (except slimes, I guess), but it sounds interesting. So, hero is consensual and madman is non-con? I'd try both, but amputations are too extreme for me. Breaking their will to resist would be more satisfying. Maybe include some verbal punishment and threats too. Show them that being immortal doesn't do shit against trauma and humiliation.

Another idea for the madman is maybe some opponents are masochists and "defeating" them is more like satisfying their kink. Those fights would be more "hero"-like, but with different abilities.

Also personally, even when playing the madman, I wouldn't want unavoidable rape.

velwitch7

May 16, 2019
The pic looks great! I'm not really into monster girl stuff (except slimes, I guess), but it sounds interesting. So, hero is consensual and madman is non-con? I'd try both, but amputations are too extreme for me. Breaking their will to resist would be more satisfying. Maybe include some verbal punishment and threats too. Show them that being immortal doesn't do shit against trauma and humiliation.

Another idea for the madman is maybe some opponents are masochists and "defeating" them is more like satisfying their kink. Those fights would be more "hero"-like, but with different abilities.

Also personally, even when playing the madman, I wouldn't want unavoidable rape.
Thanks for the reply!

In both cases, Madman or Hero, the objective will be to break their will. But the tools you'll have to do so will differ. Hero will use such actions as "compliment" or "caress" to build their lust and make them pull off their clothes, and more.
The Madman will break their will through verbal and physical abuses, like "threat" or "slap", and force them to compliance. So Madman will definitely be on the rapey side.

That being said, Hero journey will have enough content in itself to keep away from Madman. But I could try and find a way to give some tools from the Madman to the Hero, through some kind of corruption option, and vice versa !

I can't have all tools available at the same time, because rpgm has its limits, especially since most features are directly inside the fighting module, so splitting the possibilities is necessary to give the enemy various states and evolutions during the fight. Also it adds some replayability !

Features like clothes being pull-off/ ripped-off as the fight goes on, visual clues of her mood, and physical marks, will be implemented as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pretentious Goblin

DoubleLust

Feb 16, 2021
because rpgm has its limits
Only limit is your imagination.

One recommendation would be to have your character starts out neutral depending what skill sets your character uses defines him in his role, use a more peaceful approach and gain the trust of the girls vs using corrupted magic and taking short cuts for faster sexual encounters

velwitch7

May 16, 2019
Only limit is your imagination.

One recommendation would be to have your character starts out neutral depending what skill sets your character uses defines him in his role, use a more peaceful approach and gain the trust of the girls vs using corrupted magic and taking short cuts for faster sexual encounters
Well yes it's not the engine's fault.
Lets say that my ideas have their limits. If I go as far as cutting limbs for instance, every other action's drawings will have to show the limb or not, depending on when it was cut, before or after said action. That's a massive amount of added work. Not even talking about every damn variables I will need to add to my fighting events... If only the Madman can do it, only the drawings from his own abilities will potentially be affected. As I said I'm going for a generous game with many drawings, a detail like this can affect hundreds of them in the long run.
That's why splitting the hero's abilities from the start is important in my case.

Anonimed

Jun 15, 2020
Maybe an antihero will be better, something more gray? I watch disney all my childhood and here are a lot of games that are like disney games (where you are a hero and the world is rosy), but with sex scenes, BUT I don't like to be a madman, maybe to have the option for be an asshole when I want or with who I think that deserves and be a hero and protective with the characters I like. Maybe that the game don't be very manichaean.