Help Adding Images To Twine

FigSin

Dec 20, 2023
Hi, please help me

I'm using sugarcube to make a text game, but I can't seem to set a background picture or regular pics no matter how much I try. I have my html on a folder inside my games and next to the html file I've got my images folder. This is the code I've imputed to the stylesheet.

tw-story {background-image:url("C:\Games\Story\images\cover.png");

background-size:cover;}

No matter if I open the html on the games folder or if I just run twine or test it, the background imaage wont pop up.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I suggest you look at for tips on how to display images in Twine. Like this one:

I display images in the background either in the body for the full background, or #passages for only the passages.

FigSin

Dec 20, 2023
I suggest you look at for tips on how to display images in Twine. Like this one:

I display images in the background either in the body for the full background, or #passages for only the passages.
Thanks for the answer, but I've already looked at that and tried it to no avail.

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
Just to double check, are you actually using SugarCube? Because the CSS code in your first post seems to be for Harlowe. For the SugarCube story format, try using the selectors body, #story, #passages, or .passage.