Help. Always Lines In rendering the same Image

GhostTeller

Jul 17, 2018
Hello Guys...... I've a very weird problem with DAZ3d .
I rendered many images ... but this one the black lines here always visible when rendering . I used different IRay light types ( spots, presets ) nothing happens with the black lines.
Thought of the cameras in the room .So, I deleted all of them, except One and closed its headmap in light bar.
Nothing happens again.
I even used [ IRay Ghost light kit ] with vertical and ceiling ones , and the same thing happens with black lines to appear.

So, I don't know what the reason of those black lines ? and how to avoid them?

The WEIRDEST thing is that : every time I cancel the render then save the changes. The Laptop crashes with the blue screen then restarting the system
66.png

zger

Sep 6, 2017
interesting. might be a hardware problem. i would just build scene from scratch. Start with bed do test render then add the chair etc... mb u will find whats causing a problem.

Edit: that drawer looks strange. i would try to hide it first.

Reactions: GhostTeller

GhostTeller

Jul 17, 2018
Nothing happens again with the lines the same.
I'll change the scene ... Now. I just want to know the reason for that >>> to avoid or even Solve it if it happens again in the future

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Hello Guys...... I've a very weird problem with DAZ3d .
I rendered many images ... but this one the black lines here always visible when rendering . I used different IRay light types ( spots, presets ) nothing happens with the black lines.
Thought of the cameras in the room .So, I deleted all of them, except One and closed its headmap in light bar.
Nothing happens again.
I even used [ IRay Ghost light kit ] with vertical and ceiling ones , and the same thing happens with black lines to appear.

So, I don't know what the reason of those black lines ? and how to avoid them?

The WEIRDEST thing is that : every time I cancel the render then save the changes. The Laptop crashes with the blue screen then restarting the system
View attachment 237325
Those lines look like the character's hair, don't they? If you're trying to make a POV camera, have you hidden the character's hair?

And regarding PC problems, have you checked how much RAM and CPU is consumed while making this render?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Those lines look like the character's hair, don't they? If you're trying to make a POV camera, have you hidden the character's hair?

And regarding PC problems, have you checked how much RAM and CPU is consumed while making this render?
Thats exactly what I thought on first sight. It's the characters hair.

GhostTeller

Jul 17, 2018
mmmmm.... Well . Truth to be told, I didn't hide them . I just zoomed the camera till I can't see the hair before rendering.

But , It's very convenient that the problem is from the hair , thanks.

Reactions: Porcus Dev

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
mmmmm.... Well . Truth to be told, I didn't hide them . I just zoomed the camera till I can't see the hair before rendering.

But , It's very convenient that the problem is from the hair , thanks.
You're welcome.

Sometimes what you see in the preview isn't exactly what you get in the render :p

You can too, hide the head of the character (this is a good utility to do this quickly: ) , and use other camera focal length, like between 45-55.

GhostTeller

Jul 17, 2018
Thank you again . That was big help indeed even for the future to be aware of it . you saved me ( time ) and a lot of headache trying to figure out what was wrong .
You're welcome.

Sometimes what you see in the preview isn't exactly what you get in the render :p

You can too, hide the head of the character (this is a good utility to do this quickly: ) , and use other camera focal length, like between 45-55.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
for my specs.... I've An ASSUS Laptop with( Gtx 950m 4gb ) and ( 12gb Ram ) and ( core i7 7700hq @2.8ghz )

View attachment 237422
Well, it's a strong PC, but DAZ is very demanding.

Note that if the scene you're rendering doesn't fit into the memory of the graphics card, then DAZ won't use it, and will instead use the CPU, which is infinitely slower and can give bad results in renders.

You have 4GB, but with W10 it will surely be 3.5GB or something less available for renders (W10 reserves some of this memory for itself... pretty eh? :mad:)
So it's relatively easy to surpass that amount and that's when your computer won't use the GPU but the CPU... it will go very slow, it will saturate your computer (increasing temperatures) and that's where your problems can come from.

To know if DAZ uses or not your GPU to render, download the free program "GPU-Z", open it and click on the sensors section; there you will be able to see the RAM of the graphics used and if GPU processor is working... if it is above 90% well, if not, you are rendering by CPU (you can also check if you're rendering with CPU with the task manager of the windows itself, you will see that the CPU is almost always at 100%).

GhostTeller

Jul 17, 2018
Thanks for the tips. ... always the trouble happens when rendering in CPU . which results with crash and system restart
AS you said exactly .

GhostTeller

Jul 17, 2018
@mgomez0077 mmmm .... did you mean the GPU to be above 90% or (The memory controller load ) to be above 90%

Because , In dAZ , It says it used the GPU for rendering . But in the task manager ,It doesn't indicate any usage of the [ Graphic card ]
Untitled.png

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
@mgomez0077 mmmm .... did you mean the GPU to be above 90% or (The memory controller load ) to be above 90%

Because , In dAZ , It says it used the GPU for rendering . But in the task manager ,It doesn't indicate any usage of the [ Graphic card ]
View attachment 237497
You're using GPU, in GPU-Z. GPU load is at 100% (don't worry about GPU Memory load), and Core/Memory clocks are high, and memory usage is correct too... If you didn't render with the GPU. memory usage, core/memory clock and GPU load will be lower.

And of course, if in the history, DAZ tells you that it uses the GPU is that it is so, or there I would indicate it to you, it will tell you that it is using the CPU.

As for the Windows task manager, I'm not sure but if you have another secondary graphics (some Intel), maybe that percentage of small use refers to that card ... in any case is much better GPU-Z to control the use of the GPU than Windows :p

I'm glad to know that you use the GPU, much better! ;)

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017

View attachment 237497
BTW, looking to your render settings I suggest:
- Put "Max Time" to 0 (infinite)
- "Rendering Quality" at 1 (it's enough)
- Set "Rendering Quelity Enable" in ON (If you have it OFF, you will force DAZ to finish render only when it reaches your 5555 iterations, not always is necesary so many; if you put it ON, DAZ will finish render when reaches "Render Converged Ratio", in your case, 97%... 95% is usually enough)

GhostTeller

Jul 17, 2018
The task manager made me confused >>> there ,it's telling me no GPU is used . In the other hand >>> Daz and Gpu-z : are telling me that the GTX 950m is used.
So ,I wanted to make sure things are alright from an Experienced Opinion.

And in fact .... I can not express my thanks enough to you g Thank you really.