Daz [HELP] Character looks completely different from far renders than near renders. [Solved]

CırıLover

Nov 5, 2016
I am trying to make Ciri from witcher3. When rendering from near it looks like this
Ciri face close edited brows.png

However when rendering from far it looks like this
Ciri far.png

Zoomed in comparison
Far render Zoomed in.png

Why are these two faces look so different? What should I do to eliminate the differences? I wish to make her look like the near render all the time. Any help and advice are appreciated. Thank you :)

PS I am concerned with the size of the face (eyes, nose, etc) being smaller in far renders compared to the size of the face in close renders. The head appears disproportionate in far renders. English is not my first language and I apologize for any inconvenience. :)

Last edited:

CırıLover

Nov 5, 2016
Hello. Not sure, but try to increase Base bump of skin.
Thanks for replying:). Actually, I was concerned with the size of the face. The face size decreases compared to the size of the head in far renders. The head appears disproportionate in far renders.

Last edited:

ShamanLab

[Industry News] Weird behavior (c)
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Which Focal Length value you using? :)

Any lens always give distortion. It's hard to explain for me optics effects here (with my non native English) but for face closeups better using camera with big Focal Length value (less distortion).

It's actually very serious and interesting subject which focal length for which composition better to use. :)

upd. Just to understand what i'm talking about make for her two face shots -- one with 25 and other with 200 Focal Length.

upd2. It was about geometry. But there of course may be texture scaling too.

Last edited:

CırıLover

Nov 5, 2016
Which Focal Length value you using? :)

Any lens always give distortion. It's hard to explain for me optics effects here (with my non native English) but for face closeups better using camera with big Focal Length value (less distortion).

It's actually very serious and interesting subject which focal length for which composition better to use. :)

upd. Just to understand what i'm talking about make for her two face shots -- one with 25 and other with 200 Focal Length.

upd2. It was about geometry. But there of course may be texture scaling too.
Thank you so much. I actually had no idea about focal lengths making so big of a difference. :)
I was just using the default camera to render.

Reactions: ShamanLab